Old
Continuation-Bet or Not? - 25NL Cash Game Hand - Sun Jul 27, 2014, 07:38 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2012

MP 21/14; BTN 17/13

Reasons to CBet:
OOP
Dry flop
Multiway - so players play more straightforwardly & King would be in my perceived range as my UTG range is strong
TAG/nit opponents more likely to fold

Resaons to not Cbet:
Multiway - more likely someone has a better hand
BTN has fold to cbet of only 50% (6 hands)
2 players called my UTG raise so they must have some hand strength including possible King
Not many turn cards improve our pot equity

Does this lean more towards a check/fold on flop?

Old
Sun Jul 27, 2014, 02:14 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi carl,

I lean towards checking, I think the disadvantages of being OOP vs. 2 opponents who called an UTG raise (and a 4x UTG raise, which makes their ranges even stronger imo) outweigh the advantages of the board texture. We won't get better pairs to fold on this board, at least for 1 barrel, and we won't get called by worse save for flush draws, which will have both decent equity and positional advantage. And pretty much all scenarios of getting a slightly better hand to fold will involve at least 2 barrels, and like you noted there are no really good turn barreling cards save for the 7 (one of which completes the flush).

I think you played this hand fine.

Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jul 29, 2014, 06:20 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

Thanks for tweeting your poker hand review on Twitter using the hashtag #LearnPoker. Just to say thank you PokerSchoolOnline will seat you in the August 'Big Bang $5,000' tournament. You will be automatically seated and do not need to register, just show up and play on Saturday, August 9th.

Please note that if you've already qualified for this tournament via the Open League or 'School Pass Satellite' you will not receive a secondary prize as only one seat can be awarded to each member each month.

Best of luck in the tournament!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com