Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Is is a Resteal? - $2.20 MicroMillions Tournament Hand

Old
Is is a Resteal? - $2.20 MicroMillions Tournament Hand - Sun Jul 27, 2014, 08:40 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
It is $2.20 MicroMillions-093 with 10mins blind level. Mid stages of the tournament not ITM yet.

Easy fold or easy shove? Is he stealing ? Does this qualify as a re-steal hand?

Old
Sun Jul 27, 2014, 10:24 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
Is he stealing ?
I dont seem to find a steal stat on your hud so not sure how wide he can be.
Sample of 40 hands is pretty small but we can deduce by his pfr that he opens pretty wide.
We can also deduce that he is positionally aware by the steal bet sizing and I would give him a 40-50% range.
He will fold so much to a shove, I don't think I could fold here.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jul 27, 2014, 01:27 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Two very key stats are missing here.. opp's steal % and your fold to steal %. Please list what these are since you're using a hud.. as this will be critical information for my answer as to what the best line to take will be.

Knowing how often an opp steals or is raising from LP if not using a HUD is critical here.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jul 27, 2014, 05:57 PM
(#4)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi adikumar2010!

Without the hud numbers nor a read (none given).. I have absolutely no clue if this is a steal or for value!

If the opp steals a ton, then they could be light. If we don't fold to steals, then they will be tighter than normal. Honestly, the steal and fold to steal numbers, IMO, are 100% critical in this type of spot and is why I do have them on my hud.

In a total vacuum without reads, I'm going to have to let this go and find a spot where I can open-shove as I'll have to give him credit for his initial PFR range, which I'm behind.

However, if I have any information that the opp is steal happy (a high steal number) or if we fold to an inordinate amount of steals, then I'll take being behind in a flip and re-shove over them.

The key here is the read on the opp, which was not provided.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jul 27, 2014, 06:01 PM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJez View Post
We can also deduce that he is positionally aware by the steal bet sizing and I would give him a 40-50% range.
IMO, I wouldn't put much into the sizing of this. 2. is pretty standard for this blind level, so it could easily be the opp's standard raise sizing.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jul 28, 2014, 01:31 PM
(#6)
I am sorry for not providing full stats here it is:

Old
Mon Jul 28, 2014, 02:24 PM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
You're still missing your fold to steal.

Their numbers are really pretty useless, because it's only 3 spots where they could steal. With all the tourneys that you've played, the more telling number would be your fold to steal (FSTL) because you'll have thousands of hands on yourself.

Since they don't have enough opportunities, I'd use their PFR% for their range, which puts KTs as an underdog. They also have not ever raised from LP and faced a 3-bet... so I can't say whether they would be likely to fold to a 3-bet or not. The fold to 3-bet 100 number in the hud is something that I wouldn't want to use, as they have not faced one from LP. This is why a small sample size can create problems, as the numbers won't be close to correct for what an opp plays over time.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jul 29, 2014, 01:04 PM
(#8)
Since: Oct 2011
Going by your original questions - Easy fold or easy shove? Is he stealing ? Does this qualify as a re-steal hand?
It seems you might need more information to hand to make more accurate decisions.
I would suggest you add steal% , fold to steal% , resteal% and fold to resteal% to your main hud(not popups) as these are very keys stats and you will need to access them frequently.

Hope this helps.

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by DonkeyJez; Tue Jul 29, 2014 at 01:23 PM..

Old
Tue Jul 29, 2014, 01:19 PM
(#9)
Is that all?

Old
Tue Jul 29, 2014, 01:34 PM
(#10)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi adi!

There's basically no data on that page.. what is your overall number? FSTL in reports will get it.

Remember, the opps will be looking at everything they have on you, not just a few hands.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jul 29, 2014, 05:25 PM
(#11)
Since: Sep 2010
FWIW I've not been using HUDs much lately in tournaments, but however this does require that you pay some attention to what your opponents are doing. You should probably be able to get a sense of if a villain is stealing pretty frequently or opening often when it's folded to him even spots other than your traditional stealing spots in late position.

Regs tend to steal pretty wide from late position, so you can see how many tables he's playing and/or find his stats on OPR or Sharkscope to help you determine if he is a reg or not.

For me against most opponents this is a nice resteal spot. We have a hand that has OK equity against a lot of his calling range and we have a couple of broadway blockers which makes it slightly more likely that he's stealing light.

If it works, we increase our stack by a third for free. If we get called, we'll double up approx 33-40% of the time.

You can mess around with the maths and see how often we need the resteal to work for it to be profitable vs different opening and calling ranges.

Old
Tue Jul 29, 2014, 07:04 PM
(#12)
Since: Apr 2011
Agree with Andy above. If there were no stats I'd be happily shoving, with the stats that are there I'm even happier to. I don't think it is even close. That said I doubt K9o is calling so its a reship that isn't getting called by worse, but that doesn't mean it isn't profitable - this is what should sway the decision.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com