Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Was I right to fold?

Old
Was I right to fold? - Mon Jul 28, 2014, 09:36 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2014
I don't know whether I should have folded or not? Was hoping for a second opinion.

and also

Any help would be appreciated..

Cheers

Old
Mon Jul 28, 2014, 09:53 AM
(#2)
Since: Mar 2013
Hi!

I hardly ever play full ring, but I don't mind to give you some feedback. I hope it helps.

Hand#1:

With a AQs on the button I would def. 3bet for value. This will flush out some pocketpairs (like sixes) and probably some KJ/KQ/A10/AJ sort of hands. When you hit top two pair on the flop and the opener raises less than half pot, I would def. re-raise him for extra value. At the micro's I would be happy to get it in on this flop straight away, especially since you didn't 3bet and there are still so many hands/draws your OP can have.

The 6 on the turn doesn't really change a lot, the re-raiser could have a lot of 2 pair hands (A10/A6) that you have beat and straight and flush draws. The only real hands that have you beat are KJ and/or sixes / tens (which I don't expect him to play like this).

Hand #2:

I would make the bet a little bigger because of the limper before you, so 8 or 10 cents instead of 6.
The cbet is ok, it's a board that will miss most people. But after such a big reraise on the turn, it seems like the OP has the nuts, would def. fold there.

Old
Mon Jul 28, 2014, 10:21 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2014
BronzeStar
Watching the hands before lovehouse responded I would say pretty much the same thing. On the first hand I think you should be 3-betting pre-flop to try and get it heads up and get some value from weaker aces. Once the two-pair comes on the flop I think you should again be raising for value. Maybe the raise is from a set but I'd be taking that chance there. Definitely play this one aggressively. Second one I think you played ok, and the c-bet looks fine, but once the re-raise comes in I'm folding as there is nothing you are beating.

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jul 28, 2014, 11:35 AM
(#4)
Since: May 2014
This advice is actually really helpful.
Many thanks..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com