Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Did I play this correctly?

Old
Did I play this correctly? - Mon Jul 28, 2014, 12:55 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi guys,
sorry I don't have a replay but it's very short all PF play.

I opened 2.5x from early with 99
Got one caller, got 4-bet from 0.05 to 0.20.
All else folded.
I folded to the 4-bet.

Was this a correct lay down?
Turns out the re-raiser had AKo, and the caller had AQo.
Although a small favourite to win (with no way to know this), should I have continued to the flop?

Old
Mon Jul 28, 2014, 02:12 PM
(#2)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Something doesn't sound right here. Was the bet a 3-bet or a 4-bet (4 bet would be a raise of your bet, then another re-raise). What were the stacks for everyone? How many hands were the opps playing?

It could be a fold, it could be a raise or a call... it depends on the answers to the above questions.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jul 28, 2014, 06:29 PM
(#3)
The stake was 2NL.
9 players
all stacked between 1 - 3 $

I may be mistaken on my terminology of 3-bet + 4-bet.
I opened with a raise of 0.05$, and got re-raised to a total of 0.20$

I purposely chose an aggressive table, one where there were high #'s of players entering the pot with high avg pot sizes.

Old
Mon Jul 28, 2014, 07:02 PM
(#4)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
to determine it.. I'd need the exact stacks. When looking at a hand, this is critical info, especially when looking at whether setmining can be profitable.

If everyone does not have 15x the bet in their stacks... then calling is NOT an option.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com