hope someone can help

Old
Mon Jul 28, 2014, 03:45 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi rolo!

For me, if the trainer is using the new training tool... I cannot use IE, as it doesn't work. I have to use firefox.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jul 28, 2014, 04:11 PM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2011
ty John firefox didnt work

chrome=good sound and picture no chat

ive updated my umm adobe shockwave flashplayer

hope it works next time

2 months ago any browser seemedfine...well ishoudlnt make syccha bold statement a si only ever used IE9 ad 99.99% worked perfect

but now umm few week sago had to use just google chrome to get it perfect...IE9 and mozilla firefox no good

im on vista home

hoping next time it works better fo rme must remember to use chrome

i think Felix dc twice well that swhat chrome showe dme but when he came back asking is he ehre i coudlnt type

righttttta at the end i came back into IE to use chat(no pic)

but if i have 2 browsers open sound echoes bad

wish i cud switch sound off on IE...so have 2 browers open

chrome for just sound and pic

and IE for just chat

few week sback though chrome did everything

really ope updt ehelped me as it spoild it.....computer acting up makes me lose concentration on th etrianing

Old
Mon Jul 28, 2014, 05:21 PM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2010
i had same problem a couple of weeks ago when chewme1 was doing session, overlapping screens very small part to chat, but no chat box. he said he was using new training tool, i was using firefox, didnt try IE or chrome.
all other sessions ive been to since have been fine, but i dont know if any were using new training tool.

ps: checked all adobe programmes were up to date.

Old
Mon Jul 28, 2014, 10:23 PM
(#5)
yeah anti thatswhat i had exactly same

and when i opened both browsers 1 for pic and sound other for chat cos of delay heard 2 voices one just after the over drove me nutzzz lol

so had to have pic and sound so didnt bother with the chat

I actually like it without the chat part......but if trainer or anyone or a friend starts chatting to you they get pissed at you if they think your ignoringthem

the new tool shouldwork on any brower or at least 1

i may have to get safari browser next lol.dunno anymore

Old
Tue Jul 29, 2014, 03:30 PM
(#6)
(Head Trainer)
The trainers can't provide technical support, you probably need to email support@mypokerschoolonline for help.

I can tell you I have watched sessions that are live streamed with the new training tool in both firefox and chrome, with both working fine. One time I experienced the no chat box you guys report, I tried refreshing my browser and it worked then. I have not tried IE because I don't use IE for anything but every user report I've heard is that the live stream display doesn't work in IE.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jul 29, 2014, 03:43 PM
(#7)
(Head Trainer)
FWIW I bounced this off the head guy in charge of this project via skype, if it might help here's what he said re: IE

Quote:
my immediate thinking is that either their IE or Flash version is not the latest one. But I will check back if it's a general issue or not ... but I can't imagine it is. Most of the time it's because of an old IE version.
I am sure John has the latest IE version and up to date flash, and I know he had the problem with IE not working, so who knows. Just passing this along, good to check if you use IE regardless.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jul 29, 2014, 03:53 PM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
**moved to more appropriate forum JWK24**

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jul 29, 2014, 09:53 PM
(#9)
thank you Dave

Iwont jump the gun i will wai tuntl the next session and hopefully all be ok

if problems persist wil email them

I used to hav eno promlems before tis strange

i must run malwareantibytes malware tool to get rid of some nastys maybe

thanks again i appricate you pointing me in the right direction

Old
Wed Jul 30, 2014, 02:30 PM
(#10)
Since: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
FWIW I bounced this off the head guy in charge of this project via skype, if it might help here's what he said re: IE

I am sure John has the latest IE version and up to date flash, and I know he had the problem with IE not working, so who knows. Just passing this along, good to check if you use IE regardless.
as i said i use firefox never use IE and same as you it was only the one time, and chewme1 did say he was using the new training tool, but it has not happened since.
all i can think is my pc updated after that session thats why no probs since.

ps: my reply was to rolo(as i had, had the same prob) and not criticism of anyone.

Old
Wed Jul 30, 2014, 10:12 PM
(#11)
chrome only worked for pic an dsound now and here is how it looked after pressing 4x

tomak eit easier although i know your not stupid......

first red box is th etiny box i can now see to type in not ideal but it works

2nd smaller issue [showed by blue rectangle] is the 2 big black windows overlap so i miss the first 6 lines of typing not a bigdeal really

Old
Wed Jul 30, 2014, 10:37 PM
(#12)
(Head Trainer)
rolo, by chance do you have your browser set to zoom the screen or increase font or display size from normal?

It seems your browser is magnifying the live stream, that's not normal and no one else has reported this effect.

The screen shot is helpful, hope this makes sense to you.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jul 30, 2014, 10:40 PM
(#13)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
rolo, by chance do you have your browser set to zoom the screen or increase font or display size from normal?

It seems your browser is magnifying the live stream, that's not normal and no one else has reported this effect.

The screen shot is helpful, hope this makes sense to you.
Edit: That's exactly what's happening. I just tested it and got the same effect. For LT you will need to unzoom your browser setting back down to 100%. After class you can enlarge it again.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jul 30, 2014, 11:16 PM
(#14)
Since: May 2011
Quote:
Edit: That's exactly what's happening. I just tested it and got the same effect. For LT you will need to unzoom your browser setting back down to 100%. After class you can enlarge it again.
Just what I was going to say. Using Chrome zoom 100% and on an old monitor 1024x768 pixels is perfect and I can get 2 x chat full screen. So it works ok.

The main problem I have is my computer can't cope with how cpu intensive the live embedded stream is in the browser page. It's so slow to type in chat and virtually impossible to use the client at the same time.

I played in Dave's training home game last Saturday but couldn't attend class. Knowing my computer would grind to halt playing a couple of tables on the client and attend training at the same time.

Or was it Sunday

Last edited by ForrestFive; Wed Jul 30, 2014 at 11:22 PM.. Reason: last weeked

Old
Thu Jul 31, 2014, 12:09 AM
(#15)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForrestFive View Post
Just what I was going to say. Using Chrome zoom 100% and on an old monitor 1024x768 pixels is perfect and I can get 2 x chat full screen. So it works ok.

The main problem I have is my computer can't cope with how cpu intensive the live embedded stream is in the browser page. It's so slow to type in chat and virtually impossible to use the client at the same time.

I played in Dave's training home game last Saturday but couldn't attend class. Knowing my computer would grind to halt playing a couple of tables on the client and attend training at the same time.

Or was it Sunday
I didn't use the live streaming tool for the Sunday Special Home Games, I was using the old training tool.

Tonight was my first class run via live streaming. It was kind of fun having a slide presentation that instead of just showing jpgs like the old way of theory class presentation, being able to prepare an actual slide show with transitions and animations and live streaming it.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jul 31, 2014, 12:32 AM
(#16)
Since: May 2011
Here's me making assumptions from Felix's sessions.

One for the registration page "old tool" play along live.

Old
Thu Jul 31, 2014, 02:41 PM
(#17)
umm i keep this simple so i dont confuse anyone namely me mainly lol

on old IE yes i have it set to 125% zoom screen sp that my webpages fit my monitor screen perfectly(well near as damn it)

However on google chrome as im new to this i dont een know how to zoom plus i dont even have any tabs i think you call them liek edit..file etc

so hardly any options at all

But its nice to know there is a way to get thsi working 100% liek it used to but im bit unclear a sof now how im goign to go about doing this

Oh I also have DPI text set to 120 (normal is 96) as I liek to see htings and have poor eyesight

only zoom i know about wa si hi tthe 4x dave as you advised

ok I try to find out how to unzoom just goole chrome right back to 100% no idea what it set on tbh

thanks fo rhelping me

edit oh that wa seasy so o gogole chrome it currently says zoom 100%

umm if i have to change my DPI i my have to squint ....when forum got redesigned way back I noticed I couldnt see as well

more edits i liek th eold square monitors not widescreen so this monitor is square(its not new) and I have resolution set at 1280 x 960...mainly because this way I can get 1 poker table fitting on all o fmy screen

Old
Thu Jul 31, 2014, 02:55 PM
(#18)
(Head Trainer)
Chrome probably imported the settings from your regular browser when you downloaded it. That's def your problem though, I was able to recreate it just by going into a LT room coded for live stream and zooming the browser. The screenshot was the key to identifying it, thanks for posting that.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jul 31, 2014, 04:52 PM
(#19)
thank you Dave

umm so are you saying on chrome if im at 100% I should be ok ?

cos im not

just ran malwareantibytes malware was corrupted grr somehow so anyways it did find qute a few htings so hoping I be ok

I will mess around next session with settings but if I have to stick with a s it is its fine and workable

Old
Thu Jul 31, 2014, 08:41 PM
(#20)
(Head Trainer)
All I'm saying is I was able to recreate your exact screenshot issue by going into a training room coded for streaming, and changing the browser magnification. I tried it in firefox.

Edit: I just recreated it in Chrome too. When I entered the LT room on normal magnification it was fine, I increased browser magnification to 150% and got this:

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com