Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL Zoom 6max - QQ on a wet board

Old
2NL Zoom 6max - QQ on a wet board - Mon Jul 28, 2014, 10:55 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012

Here is the hand. The question is am I giving up to easily?
Should I just check/fold the flop or fire the turn, what?

villain is unknown 43/43/2.5 from only 13 hands

every opinion is welcomed, thanks.

Old
Mon Jul 28, 2014, 11:34 PM
(#2)
Since: May 2011
I'll jump in with my thoughts.

Villain looks loose so good to 3bet and cbet flop even though we are out of position. A tight player maybe flat this utg open raiser?

Not continuing on the turn? Ok, Jd it doesn't look good but the villain may feel the same. So the turn card could be a nice barrel card and then give up.

We leave ourselves looking non committed by not betting turn and the villain took the initiative. You have a gut shot and if our red queen was Qd would you bet turn?

Not saying it's a good idea to represent what we don't have but we get a fold some of the time.

Old
Tue Jul 29, 2014, 04:44 AM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2013
Hi,

I think your pre-flop actions are perfect, the sizing is nice and big. The flop isn't very good for your hand, but it's not super coordinated either, so a cbet seems fine to me. The turn card is one of the worst cards for your hand apart from maybe the Ace of diamonds. Loads of draws that the villain can have get there, and since you are not holding any diamonds, you are close to drawing dead. A part of your outs (Qd/10d) are tainted, so I would be reluctant to continue. Since the villain seems super loose, I might fire one more (half pot) barrel and give up on the river. But I think you've played it fine.

Cheers!

Old
Tue Jul 29, 2014, 07:17 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
Check the flop. Betting serves no purpose, as villain is always calling with better hands and draws, and folding worse.
I'd check-call flop, check-fold turn, losing the absolute minimum when behind, but sometimes getting to show down the best hand when villain doesn't bet in position.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jul 29, 2014, 08:44 AM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForrestFive View Post
You have a gut shot and if our red queen was Qd would you bet turn?
If I had i would probably check/call the turn.

Thanks guys.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com