Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5nl 6max zoom facing limpers

Old
5nl 6max zoom facing limpers - Wed Jul 30, 2014, 10:49 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
How would you advise me on this particular hand? I have short possibly LP plr limping and the SB who goes along. Holding AQo, I raise the limpers to 4bb with the intention to get them to fold and finish there, but the hand continues.

Time Vault Champion 2013

Old
Wed Jul 30, 2014, 11:58 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
hi mr mendes!

Old
Thu Jul 31, 2014, 12:09 AM
(#3)
Hi Sam Do you love limpers as much as I do? ;D

Time Vault Champion 2013

Old
Thu Jul 31, 2014, 12:26 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
haha!

The same thing seems to happen to me - the limpers seem to like to call when i wouldn't mind a fold, and fold when id really like a call Maybe someone'll stop by and share with us the secret to getting the opposite result, but probably everybody'll say your hand was really well-played

Old
Thu Jul 31, 2014, 03:18 AM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2012
Why on earth would you not cbet this board vs two random limpers? You got most likely the best hand vs their ranges, unless they have specifically 55, because you block other sets obv+there are draws to protect against so betting = mandatory, imo.
Anyway once you, what is it called, check-3bet this board, basically only hands that beat you will call this raise, OR SOMETIMES hands with decent equity, like KT, KJ, Kx spades, TJ, Tx spades, that have straight and flush potential, but with this action i really doubt that. As played, i would just flat flop, but given that turn can bring a lot of cards that we do not like i would just cbet-get it in as villains in 5NL will stack with some spade draws and Qx or Ax there.

Old
Thu Jul 31, 2014, 05:27 AM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2013
Exactly what crazyJohnnie says, OMG why didn't you cbet the flop?? You are the aggressor and flop a great hand against 2 limpers. Bet! limpers will call with Ax, KJ, QJ etc all the hands that feed you. They even call with complete air sometimes. If you get raised, happy shoving.
If you get a raise and a 3bet than it's time to re-evaluate.

Your check-3bet is super super strong so prob no one will continue unless they have you beat. You are washing out all the hands that give you value.

Old
Thu Jul 31, 2014, 06:03 AM
(#7)
Good points about cbetting, CrazYJohnnie and rkleefstra thanks for sharing your opinion.

Time Vault Champion 2013

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com