Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL zoom shot - Villain is playing 4 tables, good/volume - sick bluff call

Old
10NL zoom shot - Villain is playing 4 tables, good/volume - sick bluff call - Thu Jul 31, 2014, 11:30 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
Taking a Hold'em 10NL shot and short stack after PLO is messing with my head.

I put this out as a bad call. Though my read, a "Yellow" label on the villain is a generic loose play - when and what game? I don't know.

Check lobby and 4 x 10NL zoom tables. You know as much as me now.

We raise ATo 2 callers sigh. Flop 79J gut shot 8 no suit. Check, small ball then villain leads Ace turn... We hit what to do? Then the Jack river...

So at level 1, we know what you know, what we know? It's a good turn barrel card. Then continues on the river.

Do we make a bad call? Or can you help me fill in the gaps. No hud just a loose label and x tables.

Old
Fri Aug 01, 2014, 01:49 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi ForrestFive,

With a gutshot, backdoor straigh, but no backdoor flush vs two opponents I'm in the middle between cbetting this hand and checking this hand actually. I think with AcTc it would have been an easier cbet for me, but if we check are we giving up or planning to call a bet? It might probably play easier with a cbet imo. Turn is an easy call. The river makes it less likely they hold a Jack also after they bet the turn so now we are looking at Ax and we both have two pair but we have to see who's got the better kicker. I expect AK to squeeze preflop, maybe sometime AQ and AQs to call. the 9 and 7 are on board too so A9/A7 is less likely, not that it matters. Then they've also got the option to hold 99/77 ofcourse but they might also be playing worse Ax or something random maybe. We only need to win 30% of the time to justify a river call here.

Old
Fri Aug 01, 2014, 07:22 PM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
Thanks geoVARTA,

That filled in something I'd missed to make this a better calling spot on the river.

As the J had paired the board making it unlikely the villain has a J. Also the Ace kicker moves to Q+ and then we are looking at 3bet squeeze ranges.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com