Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

The Big $11 NLHE Tournament-Call or shove?

Old
The Big $11 NLHE Tournament-Call or shove? - Sat Aug 02, 2014, 05:50 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
I have 23 BB. I am ITM in Big $11 around 689 left, 1100 were paid.

Should I shove and take my chances like I did or it should be JJ+ & AK only.

You can see he trapped me as I become victim of FPS

STATS :

Old
Sun Aug 03, 2014, 12:21 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi adikumar2010!

With TT, I get a min-raise and a call in front of me. Since a standard 3-bet is going to pot-commit me, I'm going to shove here. Against the opps ranges, my tens has 35.5% equity, so this is definitely a +EV play even if I'm called every single time by both opps. If either of the opps would even consider folding, then it makes it an even higher +EV play.

Since I'm already ITM, I need to get to a final table stack (which I'm nowhere near), so I need to look for +EV spots to accumulate chips.

The range where I'm +EV if I'm called every single time is 99+ AQs+ and if either opp would fold (should be the case) then I'd be looking at a shove range of 77+ AJs+.

When playing, I don't want to be results oriented. If I make the correct play against the opp's entire range (not just a hand in that range), then that's all that I can do and the correct play here is to shove. Yes, I'll lose just under 2/3 of the time, but it IS a +EV play and I need chips!

The guy that used the FPS (pocket kings) got exactly what he deserved... beat by the Ax that he let be priced in.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 03, 2014, 01:14 AM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
The early position minimum raise with anti gives a price for a party - maybe just the modern game - then the over call. I want to squeezable it, but I don't think I can. That's my #bb number.

JWK24 has the equity numbers and I don't know them, feeling uncomfortable with the 25bb - 30bb stack and a long way to go.

Even calling off 8bb - sb vs bb, I posted in another HA thread, it hurts but I have to. But to be committed shoving here in this hand and now?

I had to look up "FPS" fancy play? Yes KK deserved it but not us. I can't shove TT so I need to learn a lot more about the numbers. Good hand to review.

Old
Sun Aug 03, 2014, 04:15 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
TT is so great for reshove I'm definitely shoving all in here just unlucky that the KK is trapping which was a good play and the right time for him to trap

unlucky for me this is my play also for this one.

we are potentially have a chip up of 9100 risking 32072 that's 28% chip up if you get them to fold.

if you get called you still have a chance to win with your TT

if i have 99 i might just try to hit a set because of my stack size but with TT "Let's get it on TIME TO PUT MY STACKS IN THE MIDDLE"

gl adikumar

Old
Sun Aug 03, 2014, 06:33 PM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2010
Agree with the above, this is a nice spot to resteal and try chip up and we'll often have some half-decent equity even when called.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com