Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL Zoom 6max - trips OTF vs a lot of aggression from a passive player

Old
2NL Zoom 6max - trips OTF vs a lot of aggression from a passive player - Sat Aug 02, 2014, 10:43 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
Here is the hand guys

villain is 26/21/1.7 from 41 hand

I was reviewing this hand over and over again and the more I watch it, more it looks like this should be an easy fold vs 5bet from a passive player. Now when I think about it I can't think of any worse hand that he can take this line with. Maybe slowplayed aces or kings or ? Even if he also have a 4x he probably have a better kicker.

What do you guys think? Easy fold after 5bet?

Old
Sun Aug 03, 2014, 03:11 AM
(#2)
Since: May 2011
Hi Nishkey,

I saw this just after posting a luck box hand 67 hitting K66 flop. That was a sb vs bb raise and in position.

Here this is different because of the action multi-way post flop. Small cbet 1bb from the utg open raiser, now a raise (over caller pre flop) and call, you 3-bet squeeze. On the re-raise are you good?

Would AKs 3bet pre flop? They should, so you could be correct on a tight player not re-raising pre flop. But their stats 26/21? What does it mean? Yes they play 6-max and why no 3-bet? OK AKs is just 1 hand.

The AF 1.7 post flop is worth thinking about ( I don't use a hud but at PSO I hear numbers and try to understand ) well it's not 3.0 a big number. I'm actually thinking a re-re-raise has a monster.

PSO people here can help on the betting line. But I think the utg +1 (over caller pre flop) did a back raise to your squeeze post flop. This is looking bad.

Old
Sun Aug 03, 2014, 04:18 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
OMG what can we do UNLUCKY

we hit trips let's get it all in post flop

sigh

gl luck on the next buy in Nishkey

Old
Sun Aug 03, 2014, 08:56 AM
(#4)
TBH at the moment of his re-re-raise I though "wow this must be 55" but i nevertheless decided to go all in and hope he have some weird flush draw or big pocket pair. Now I think it was a mistake and that i should have folded, simply because he is passive player and they rarely take that line with anything less than monster.

Old
Sun Aug 03, 2014, 10:25 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hey all!

26/21 is not a passive opp... they're pretty aggressive preflop, so I'm going to expect that to continue postflop.

The big key here... I need to lead the flop for 3/4 pot. With this many opps, someone can easily have a straight or flush draw, so I need to make a solid lead value bet that prices these out.

As played, I'm calling every time here. With a fairly aggro opp, they're going to be doing this with OESD and flush draws and I'm ahead of these. Unfortunately, the opp had one of the 2 hands that I'm behind.. but that's going to happen sometimes.

If the opp was a true passive player (26/2 or so)... then I've got a real decision when they make it 12 cents... because they will have a 4 or 55 here the majority of the time... but I'm still most likely not laying down trips.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 03, 2014, 10:57 AM
(#6)
Thanks John

HEM autorate him as a loose passive, also his 3bet stats (PF) is 0.0 but only 9 hands.

my plan OTF was a check/raise as I was expecting at least one of the villains to bet. As was certain that Villain_1 will bet if it checks to him as he had high AF and is rated as loose aggressive. I don't know, maybe I rely too much on HEM when I make my decisions.

Old
Sun Aug 03, 2014, 11:24 AM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
The reason that I like leading is that my bet can be a 4, 5 or mid pair. By check/raising, I'm turning my cards face-up to an observant opp... so they know that I have a 4 or 55.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com