Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Omaha Week - Learn, play and win! *OFFICIAL DISCUSSION*

Old
Omaha Week - Learn, play and win! *OFFICIAL DISCUSSION* - Mon Aug 04, 2014, 08:15 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2010

Omaha Week runs from August 4-10, and is the perfect way to improve your skills and win big in one of poker’s most exciting formats! Each day of Omaha Week will focus on a different Omaha game type:
  • August 4 - Pot Limit Omaha
  • August 5 - Pot Limit Omaha Hi/Lo
  • August 6 - No Limit Omaha Hi/Lo
  • August 7 - 5 Card Omaha Hi & Hi/Lo
  • August 8 - Courchevel Hi & Hi/Lo
  • August 9 - Limit Omaha Hi/Lo
  • August 10 - A mix of variants listed above

Exclusive Omaha Week promotions:
  • Video Tutorials - learn how to play Omaha
  • Exclusive ticket offer - claim a free ticket bundle worth $7.50
  • Taster Tourneys - turn FPPs into cash prizes
  • Omaha Happy Hours - earn 50% more VPPs and FPPs
  • Omania Tourneys - double guarantees on Saturday, August 9
  • Sunday Majors: $82 No Limit Omaha Hi/Lo [Progressive Super-Knockout, 6-Max] at 13:15 ET, and $82 Pot Limit Omaha [Progressive Super-Knockout, 6-Max] at 15:15 ET on August 10

Learn how to play Omaha for free!

We’ve put together four video tutorials to show you all you need to know about playing Omaha, and the different versions of Omaha available on PokerStars. Learn the differences between Omaha and Hold‘em, and discover great Omaha variants like Omaha Hi/Lo, Courchevel and 5-Card Omaha, in the free videos below. >>click here<< and scroll down to Introducing Omaha, Basic Strategies, Omaha Hi/Lo and More Omaha Games.

Want more Omaha tips? Check out our free training site for instructional videos and strategy advice from some of Team PokerStars Pro’s biggest names.

Free tourney ticket bundle worth $7.50

Deposit $25 or more before 23:59 ET on August 10 using the bonus code ‘OMAHAWEEK’ and get five free $1.50 Omaha tournament tickets. The free tickets in the bundle are valid for all $1.50 Omaha Sit & Go and scheduled tournaments with a buy-in of $1.50. Please Note: Cashing out before making a qualifying deposit will make you ineligible for the free tourney ticket bundle. No game play is required to receive the instant ticket bundle. All free Omaha tournament tickets can be used after the end of Omaha Week but will expire on November 8 if unused. This offer is limited to one deposit per player.

Taster Tourneys - Turn FPPs into cash prizes

Never played the different Omaha variants before? Sign up for the Omaha Taster Tourneys taking place throughout the week, each with a five FPP buy-in and a $500 prize pool. Learn the dynamics of each game without dipping into your bankroll, and see if you can turn your FPPs into a great cash prize.

All Omaha Week Taster Tourneys can be found under ‘Tourneys’ > ‘Special’ in the PokerStars lobby.

Omaha Happy Hours

Earn 50% more VIP Player Points (VPPs) and Frequent Player Points (FPPs) in Omaha ring games (including ZOOM) and Sit & Go tourneys during special Omaha Week Happy Hours. There will also be a special Happy Hour each day for that day’s Omaha game type.

Happy Hours run at the following times every day from August 4-10:
  • 04:00-05:00 ET: All Omaha game types
  • 12:00-13:00 ET: Extra points in Omaha Game Type of the Day only (all Omaha game types on August 10)
  • 20:00-21:00 ET: All Omaha game types

Please Note: Heads-Up Sit & Go’s and ring games only receive 30% extra VPPs and FPPs during Omaha Week Happy Hours. All Sit & Go and scheduled tournaments eligible in the Happy Hours are marked with a Happy Hour icon. Only tournaments that start within the Happy Hour award extra VPPS and FPPs - the end time of the tournament is not considered.

Omania Tournaments

On Saturday, August 9 we have doubled the guarantees in all of the daily Omania tournaments.

See the Terms & Conditions page for general promotional rules.

Contact support@pokerstars.com if you have any questions about Omaha Week.

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 04, 2014, 08:19 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
If you're new to Pot Limit Omaha and are thinking of playing any of the 'Taster Tourneys' today on PokerStars then you might find this introductory video from Roy 'GodlikeRoy' Bhasin useful.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 04, 2014, 10:08 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi All,

We also have a special ticket awarding Live Training today at 20ET for Omaha week!

Omaha Week - PLO Quizzing

We'll be doing some PLO hand quizzing in this class. In addition for the last omaha week I did an introduction to PLO class (with the hold'em player in mind) which is now in the video archive... links to that are included in the class description for tonight's quizzing class via the link above!

Even if you are totally new to PLO, you can make a splash during omaha week with confidence: Watch my intro videos as well as Roy's video that royalraise posted, come to the quizzing class, and you will be ready to attack PLO during omaha week with a good head on your shoulders.

Attendees to the Live Training tonight will receive a school pass ticket.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 04, 2014, 01:15 PM
(#4)
Since: May 2011
Played a 5 FPP Taster and a $1.50 Special. Bust in both.

Though in the Taster I was against the monster PLO K872 rainbow hand. In the Special against limp KKxx that made top set and slow played me to the rail.

Last edited by ForrestFive; Mon Aug 04, 2014 at 04:46 PM..

Old
Mon Aug 04, 2014, 02:35 PM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2010
is there any other Omaha traning sessions for the week,because anyone in europe and working not great times 1am uk 2 am other parts of europe.

Old
Mon Aug 04, 2014, 02:45 PM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti5ive View Post
is there any other Omaha traning sessions for the week,because anyone in europe and working not great times 1am uk 2 am other parts of europe.
There's not I'm afraid but the good news is that we will be recording this session and it will be available sometime tomorrow.

I'll post a Youtube version of it in this thread

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Aug 05, 2014, 08:49 AM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
If you're new to Pot Limit Omaha Hi/Lo and are thinking of playing any of the 'Taster Tourneys' today on PokerStars then you might find this introductory video from Adrienne 'talonchick' Rowsome useful.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Aug 05, 2014, 11:36 AM
(#8)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi,

how can I earn one or more "school pass tickets" ?
Searching the forum shows zero results.

Old
Tue Aug 05, 2014, 01:56 PM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeperslet View Post
Hi,

how can I earn one or more "school pass tickets" ?
Searching the forum shows zero results.
Hi keepers,

You'll get one for passing the Omaha Quiz, details here:

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...-to-Play-Omaha

You'll also get some for passing the MTT Quiz, details here:

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...er-Quiz-Prizes

And you possibly could win some for 'Scratch & Match, details here:

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...s-poker-prizes

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Aug 05, 2014, 01:58 PM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi guys,

If you missed Dave's Omaha Special live training class last night don't despair, as promised here's the recording of it:

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Aug 05, 2014, 02:00 PM
(#11)
Since: Feb 2010
hi, you need to look at live training, they give out school pass tickets,but only for certain trainings, also look at promotions pages, and a mod or admin will tell you any thats going right now.
oops 2 replies before i posted

Old
Sat Aug 09, 2014, 07:10 AM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Congrats to the following PSO members who all qualified for today's $33 Omania tournament via the Poker School 'School Pass' satellites that were run yesterday as part of our 'Omaha Week' promotion.

adikumar2010
One ate svn
IHP-52
andrewj50050

Best of luck in todays tournament guys and from all at PSO we hope you make a big score!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 09, 2014, 09:03 AM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)

Old
Sat Aug 09, 2014, 09:10 AM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)

Old
Sat Aug 09, 2014, 09:13 AM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)

Old
Sun Aug 10, 2014, 06:00 PM
(#16)
Since: Apr 2013
Thanks for the promo.

I turned 160 FPP into 29.44 in the 5PP special tourneies

Old
Sun Aug 10, 2014, 06:00 PM
(#17)
Since: Apr 2013
Thanks for the promo.

I turned 160 FPP into 29.44 in the 5PP special tourneies

Old
Sun Aug 10, 2014, 07:55 PM
(#18)
Since: May 2011
Managed to get a little piece of the $500 added by PokerStars on the 2+2 poker cast free-roll OmahaWeek PLO 6-max.

You finished the tournament in 30th place. A USD 5.93 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

PLO newbie.

Edit: Think it was a $1.10, anyway - result!

Old
Sun Aug 10, 2014, 09:07 PM
(#19)
Since: Mar 2011
I must suck at omaha(I know i know im not that godo at NLHE yet either lol) but finally managed to pass the quiz so ty for the passes

it didnt go green though you know under my name and then courses

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com