Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

The 2014 PSO Dog Days of Summer **Official Discussion Page**

Old
The 2014 PSO Dog Days of Summer **Official Discussion Page** - Mon Aug 04, 2014, 11:52 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
PokerSchoolOnline would like to invite you to our next Home Game promotion. This special tournament series will run in the PSO Community Club homegame from Aug 8th-17th and will include games for both real and play money players.

When and Where

All tournaments will be played in the PokerSchoolOnline Community Home Game Club. The games will be held at 12:00, 15:00, 18:00 and 21:00 ET.

Points and Leaderboards

All of the games will use a 20% payout and points will be awarded to all ITM finishers only, based on the following chart. These points will count BOTH for the monthly and yearly leaderboards that will be in the News forum:

1st – 100 points
2nd – 70 points
3rd – 60 points
4th – 50 points
5th – 45 points
6th – 40 points
7th – 35 points
8th - 30 points
9th – 25 points
Top 1/3 of the remaining ITM finishers – 20 points
Middle 1/3 of the remaining ITM finishers – 15 points
Bottom 1/3 of the remaining ITM finishers – 10 points

Event 10 for both play money and cash will be a special bounty event.
There will be a 25 leaderboard point bounty on EVERY Team PSO member in the team bounty game, Event 10, on Aug 10th.

Members can also earn an additional 75 points for blogging about knocking out the team member and including the knockout hand in the replayer in their blog post.
Each member is only eligible for one blog bonus for each cash and play money, regardless of how many team members they knockout.

The title of the blog post must be 'I knocked out a PSO Team Member' and must be done either on the 10th, 11th or 12th of August. Blogs that are done after 0:00 ET the 13th will not be eligible for the additional 75 points.
Any points earned for knockouts or blog post about the play money games will count toward the play money leaderboard and any knockouts and blog post about the cash tourney will count for the cash game leaderboard.

Real Money Prizes

The cash leaderboard prizes* for this month will be:

1st - $22.00 ticket
2nd - $11.00 ticket
3rd - $11.00 ticket
4th - $5.50 ticket
5th - $5.50 ticket
6th thru 10th - $2.20 ticket

Invite your poker buddys to play against you in The PSO Dog Days of Summer. Let them know about it on Twitter!
Tweets by @PokerStarsPSO

* Terms & Conditions

The promotion will run from Aug 8th-17th.
The promotion is run by PokerSchoolOnline who reserve the right to edit, change or modify the promotion in anyway deemed fit without notification at any time.
No real money prizes will be awarded for winners of play money games.
To be eligible for a prize players must be a registered member of PokerSchoolOnline and have made at least one post in the Forum prior to Aug 18th, 2014.
Any member suspended from the PSO Community Home Game club during any month will not be eligible for prizes for that month and any points earned during that months promotion will be deducted from the leaderboard for that month. The decision to suspend a member from the Home Game club will be final and not open to appeal or remission.
Real money prize winners will be credited with their tickets 2/3 working days after the promotion ends.
PokerSchoolOnline decision will be final in all circumstances.

Best of Luck!
Team PokerSchoolOnline

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 04, 2014, 12:43 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Great stuff, looking forward to it!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 04, 2014, 12:49 PM
(#3)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I'll be in the ones that I can, but have multiple live games over the next 2 weeks (mini CPC and HPT), so will miss a number of them.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 04, 2014, 03:13 PM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2012
BronzeStar
hope to make most of them

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 04, 2014, 06:04 PM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
I'll be in the ones that I can, but have multiple live games over the next 2 weeks (mini CPC and HPT), so will miss a number of them.

Awwwww...

hiccup...

Old
Mon Aug 04, 2014, 06:05 PM
(#6)
Since: Apr 2010
Looking forward to this series gl all HAPPY

Old
Mon Aug 04, 2014, 07:58 PM
(#7)
Since: Nov 2011
well ya know this may be my month
gl all in alls always

10 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Aug 05, 2014, 03:52 PM
(#8)
Since: Feb 2010
Who's gonna be the "Doggiest Dogger that ever Dogged"?

Great fun either way gl all Fist.

11 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Aug 05, 2014, 08:51 PM
(#9)
Since: Apr 2012
It's been way too long since I've topped the leaderboards, I think this month I'll have to make my triumphant return to being top dog! Or at least that's the plan.. be good to get back on the tables with you all and hopefully get some good turnouts for the games.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Dog Nab-it! - Wed Aug 06, 2014, 03:12 AM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Can't wait to see how the yearly leaderboard changes & hoping that the numbers are up after last months extravaganza. All the best to anyone not above me in the league.

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Aug 06, 2014, 04:55 PM
(#11)
what happened to the 12est game on the 8th?
and now there's a game on the 18th after series ends?

10 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Aug 06, 2014, 05:24 PM
(#12)
(Head Trainer)
I hope to miss the team bounty event on Sunday (like John, playing live and that would be day 2 of the live event), but regardless make sure you join in this fun event during the Live Training hosting provided by our very own MMA Champion Chris "ChewMe1"!! Join the Sunday Class Here

Chris will be hiding his hole cards, so you can both play the events and be in the training classroom without worries. The penalty for trying to peek at Chris's cards btw is 5 minutes in the cage with the champ.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Aug 06, 2014, 05:39 PM
(#13)
Since: Mar 2013
This will be the first time I will actually have the time to play in one of these series. Super Excited!!!

Old
Wink
Dog Days Series - Fri Aug 15, 2014, 09:55 AM
(#14)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Really enjoying the Dog Days series. Good luck to everyone playing the last tournaments this weekend.

Old
Fri Aug 15, 2014, 12:04 PM
(#15)
is it just me or are we missing the 21:00est game on the sch. for the 16th?

10 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 15, 2014, 12:46 PM
(#16)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Johnny00 View Post
is it just me or are we missing the 21:00est game on the sch. for the 16th?
It's not there yet, I think they won't set it up until a couple hours before the start. They do that on all heads up games to minimize sitters. Having sitters in a HU tourney is a huge problem, if 2 of them get matched together... it makes the first round go forever, basically until the blinds get high enough to set the starting stack sizes all in. I don't think this is a problem in the RM games, I think most people won't donate their RM bankroll... but in PM games there's a certain number who like to prereg for everything and not show up to a lot of it.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 15, 2014, 12:49 PM
(#17)
(Head Trainer)
Just a heads up to all playing on Sunday, I will be hosting the first couple hours of the main event and playing in the PM one during the Sunday Special Live Training. I will cover my hole cards so all are welcome in the classroom, come join us!

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 17, 2014, 08:37 PM
(#18)
Since: Apr 2010
Woof Woof

Old
Mon Aug 18, 2014, 04:01 PM
(#19)
Since: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPYSAP View Post
Woof Woof
You have earned the Crown of the "Doggiest Dogger that ever dogged" Happs wd m8

And a big Howl goes out to Az who nicked 1st from me lol

Great series and lots of fun gg all.

....Fist

11 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 18, 2014, 06:48 PM
(#20)
Congrats to all the prize winners and well played to everyone else! Fun series as always and was great to play with all the PSOers.

Almost had you Happy, just those last two games went badly wrong for me one of which against you giving you even more points to go ahead lol. I'll get you next time

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com