A little ridiculous

Old
A little ridiculous - Mon Dec 09, 2002, 04:03 AM
(#1)
Deleted user
3 am last chance event.

9 people start.

6 qualify.

Sorry, that's just a little ridiculous to me. Bash me all you want, but I think it's stupid. Why don't we just let all PSO members in instead of having this charade.

Hazy

Old
Mon Dec 09, 2002, 08:51 AM
(#2)
Deleted user
What's wrong with charades?

Old
Mon Dec 09, 2002, 09:04 AM
(#3)
Deleted user
I have to agree with Hazy on this one! I busted my rump to be eligible for the Rd. 2 events, and get a "B" qualification (for those of you who have played against me, you KNOW this was quite a feat! lol). And now I find out I could've waited, and played agiainst only 9 people in 1 event, and gotten the same qualification? Maybe a little adjustment does need to be done for the next "Big One".

Old
Mon Dec 09, 2002, 09:09 AM
(#4)
Deleted user
what you mean played ?

you could wait till next week sign up go to bed and wake up with an A seat.

this was clearly stated in may when the big one 2 was announced and i see nothing wrong with it

who know i might be needing to get into the big one 3 this way so i say keep em.

Old
Mon Dec 09, 2002, 09:24 AM
(#5)
Deleted user
Anybody else have a feeling of Deja Vu?

Peace, Starrs LSOGC

Old
Mon Dec 09, 2002, 09:46 AM
(#6)
Deleted user
I did not become a member of PSO until mid-July. I apologize for my ignorance of anything that was stated/posted/announced before that time!

Old
Mon Dec 09, 2002, 01:08 PM
(#7)
Deleted user
I don't have a problem with Last Chance events per se, but come on, 9 people, 6 qualify - just get rid of them, and let everyone in. Why waste time playing?

Old
Mon Dec 09, 2002, 01:20 PM
(#8)
Deleted user
Quote:
Why waste time playing?
Doesn't that apply to poker in general?

Old
Mon Dec 09, 2002, 02:53 PM
(#9)
Deleted user
damn, i got home from work at 4:15 and was wondering why it wasn't it the lobby. I thought they went away already.

Old
Mon Dec 09, 2002, 03:17 PM
(#10)
Deleted user
I agree with hazy. It is dumb. 9 people come on!! I however do agree with LC events. But think that all members should be able to play them especially rhe A's who have a harder road then the winner of the LC's the A's qualify against WAY harder competition in the Round 2 Events. I know because I earned my B this past weekend in the round 2 twice and know how hard it was to do, let alone get in to the tourney through monthly leagues. If we are giving LC to people make them earn it by playing against a tough field. I mean myself & others had to earn our way against people who already had D's C's B's and A's not just newcomers and players who didn't even qualify for a round 2. Even the people with A's earned in round 2 had to beat 60 players who qualified for the event not just 3 players who are in the same boat. Some of the players who made it tough for me: Freddieboy, Apryllshowers, QuartzForce, Top2Pair, thehazyone, the rose, Bumblebeeru,just to mention a few but the difference of competition is astounding from the Round 2 to the LC. Even worse with only 9 players and six get in. My solution Open the event to all and if the unqualified get in the top 6 then great they deserve to be there.

Thief 21

Old
Mon Dec 09, 2002, 06:45 PM
(#11)
Deleted user
Agree with Hazy .. 5 of 9 getting an 'A' and one getting a 'B' for winning is a tad silly. The # of qualifiers should be related to # of entries, just like multi prize-money

Another small illogic is that 20th - 3rd in a Round II get 'B's, whereas the sucker who comes second and subsequently loses the 2nd place headsup is still left with a 'B'. That's a lot of hard work for no qualifying improvement on a 20th in the Round II.

(yeah , it's personal :roll: . I have to get by the dreaded Dreams to progress to a 'C' No fair !! )

Old
uhhhhh......ok - Mon Dec 09, 2002, 10:41 PM
(#12)
Deleted user
Noodles said:
Quote:
Quote:
Why waste time playing?

Doesn't that apply to poker in general?
OK, I'll ask,,,,,wtf is eating you?

Old
Tue Dec 10, 2002, 09:00 AM
(#13)
Deleted user
Rosita said:

Quote:
Agree with Hazy .. 5 of 9 getting an 'A' and one getting a 'B' for winning is a tad silly. The # of qualifiers should be related to # of entries, just like multi prize-money

I like that one. Only top 10% get an A. The top 1, 2 get a B, depending on how many signed up.

Randy

PS, same old same old discussion we had last year.

PSS, Mark said we would have 750 people in the Big One II, so we all knew about this.... Still poker should always be about risk/reward, so maybe next year make it a tad tougher in the LC events

Old
Wed Dec 11, 2002, 12:38 AM
(#14)
Deleted user
Any owner of a business like Poker School Online would want as many of it's clients to be able to participate in the largest Promotion or the year. Nothing leaves a more sour taste in the mouth of a brand new client than for someone to say: "No, you cannot do that because (any reason). PSO is a business. A business I like to frequent. I do not fault the business owner for doing everything possible to make it as viable as possible including encouraging all who can spell AK to participate. Yes, someone who decides to join late in the year can play, but they aren't playing for the same stakes as you are (I honestly haven't figured out how the thing works, actually).
Relax in the confidence that what got you to the event will take you through the event or be realistic about your chances in the first place and let someone who can win, do.

Martan

Old
Wed Dec 11, 2002, 04:36 AM
(#15)
Deleted user
it just got worse

6 qualify

7 enter

talk about tough competition

Old
Wed Dec 11, 2002, 06:09 AM
(#16)
Deleted user
Yeah and everyone had a chance to play in one of these two events.. It just so happens only 9 and 7 people could be bothered to show up... !!

So stop moaning hazy me old mucker....

Regards

Spring-box

Old
Wed Dec 11, 2002, 06:34 AM
(#17)
Deleted user
I'm not moaning - I am just saying they are irrelevant and a waste of time - just let everyone in rather than have these events.

Hazy "the old mucker"

Old
Wed Dec 11, 2002, 09:46 AM
(#18)
Deleted user

:twisted: Well Hells Bells and Poker Tells, if I knew that there would only be 7 to enter I would have waited. The one I played had 100+ and was not an easy one!!!

I agree, you might as well give it away and save the sanity of some who then can avoid an intense tourney!!

saneigy :arrow: 'Whats next?'

Old
Wed Dec 11, 2002, 05:46 PM
(#19)
Deleted user
Let me offer this.........

don't sweat the small stuff

This really is all a bit of a waste of time, you should all be ashamed.

Am I the only one who actually 'enjoyed' qualifying?

Seems like some of you saw it as a chore.

My 5/6 hours to get my 'b' were alot of fun, more fun than a 9 player tourny, and whoever gets in, I will have to take on 749 others, I would be happy if it were 1000.....where is the bad bit?

CLAY

Old
Wed Dec 11, 2002, 11:07 PM
(#20)
Deleted user
Clay thats not the point, I feel like why did I bother when it is now practically being given away!

Its like you walked up 80 flights of stairs and when you finally reached the top floor you see an elevador open and people walking out! They are all calm, cool and rested while you are HOT, SWEATY AND EXAUSTED!!!

I just can't help but feel that its the same for all or its not at all!!

No I am not ashamed that I feel this way, can't help but feel this way!!! 8O

saneigy :arrow:

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com