Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL zoom. Limited obs' - A line I rarely try KK in the big blind

Old
10NL zoom. Limited obs' - A line I rarely try KK in the big blind - Tue Aug 05, 2014, 12:30 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
No infos apart from the betting line and checking zoom lobby.

The cut off open raised playing 1 table and the button 3-bet playing 3 tables. So very limited observations and I'm only taking a 1 table shot myself.

We call and don't 4-bet KK from the big blind. If the open raiser pops it up I am going with it.

Unfortunately I didn't have a plan for the 3 table player on the button (maybe more experience in these spots)!

Can we get into trouble flatting into two players? I'm surprised at showdown. Thanks to the button fold for thinking what I was thinking - it must be AA (but not all of the time)! What if the button came along??? Still a call.

Last edited by ForrestFive; Tue Aug 05, 2014 at 12:34 AM.. Reason: 3-way call

Old
Tue Aug 05, 2014, 02:49 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
Really not a fan of the flat. It would be better with AA since it's less vulnerable.

Obviously your dream came true and we can just snap.

I presume he had AK/JJ?

Old
Tue Aug 05, 2014, 11:37 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
Yea, I'm not a fan of the flat either. Even with AA I don't like it too much. I might consider flatting in a spot where I am in the SB or BTN facing a CO open and I know that I have someone behind me that has a high squeeze percentage. Try to plot AA or KK vs two random hands and see how much we lose equity as opposed to playing against one opponent and that's if we are all in preflop. if we see a flop vs two opponents things will get trickier as the chance of us getting outdrawn increases.

Old
Tue Aug 05, 2014, 12:04 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2012
If you cc TT/JJ here having AA to protect your range is a good idea.

Old
Tue Aug 05, 2014, 03:59 PM
(#5)
Since: May 2011
Thanks guys, strange being in the bb it's not a cold 4-bet but a 4-bet in any chips does get a high % of folds. So was guessing taking this line.

Yes the showdown in the Boom Re-player was covered by the big red box "Go to Website". Click the 'x' to remove it.

*** SUMMARY ***
ForrestFive showed [Ks Kc] and won ($20.33) with two pair, Kings and Sevens
Player 6 mucked [Jd,Js]

Who said JJ?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com