Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL cash game-unlucky or wrong action?

Old
10NL cash game-unlucky or wrong action? - Wed Aug 06, 2014, 12:08 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2014

I think I should have bet more on the flop and turn,any comments.

Old
Wed Aug 06, 2014, 12:29 AM
(#2)
Since: May 2011
Hi jsguo,

Pre flop - It is best not to limp under the gun, it's a raise or fold for me. Now it folds around, to a raise from the big blind. We have position so I call not that excited.

Post flop - Your bet sizing are just under 1/2 pot. This gives a good price for the villain to call. So I would suggest bigger bets up-to 3/4 pot.

Old
Wed Aug 06, 2014, 04:51 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2014
Personally I like this moderate bet OTF to exploit the villain, who is likely to have two overcards (seems unnaturally small, though. $0.40, maybe?). The board texture seems safe for us, we won't be dog OTT.
I'll make a larger (3/4 or pot-sized) bet OTT, for the same reason as ForrestFive's. If the villain calls and the situation OTR is the same, I would fold.

preflop I fold.

Last edited by dog-en-saka; Wed Aug 06, 2014 at 05:04 AM..

Old
Wed Aug 06, 2014, 11:50 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi jsquo,

Definitely fold preflop with such a weak hand from the worst position at the table. In general I would raise or fold first in, and this hand is squarely in the fold category... playing it will leak money in the long run.

Post flop sizings can be a bit bigger, but when the preflop raiser check/calls rather than c-bets, he's most likely got a weak or marginal showdown value type hand, so making big bets like 75% pot is not likely to get called. When targeting a weak range for value, the smaller bets are fine since weak hands can't easily call big bets.

The river is precarious at best. When the villain takes this line, c/c, c/c, bomb river for a big bet, he's going to have made a flush such a high % of the time that I'm not sure it's profitable to call him. Still, it's not out of the question that he's making a weird bluff once in a while or made some strong non-flush hand like a rivered set of 3's, so we should probably not call this bet often but should have some calling range... and since T9 is at the absolute top of our range here and does beat hands as strong as sets, I would bite the bullet and make the crying call too.

Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com