Since: Jan 2012
No stats on villain

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Aug 06, 2014, 05:54 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Preflop I like the passive defend from the BB against a bigger open like that from the BU.

I expect most people to bet all their pairs or sets on such a coordinated flop as well as all their flushdraws. This kind of makes his turnraise look strange and I like calling it like you did.

Maybe checking turn here also is an option as we can't really make much money from Ace high type hands on the turn anyway and villain is unlikely to have medium pairs after his checkback as I previously stated. He could use the overcard to start bluffing though, so I kind of like checking a little better.

River is weird, I don't mind a fold much vs an average 5NL player as I don't expect them to bluff too often on the river, but in general I would consider calling as I remove pretty much all flushdraws and strong hands from his range. The only real hand making sense would be QT or a slowplayed straight.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com