Since: Aug 2011

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Aug 06, 2014, 01:59 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
QJo will win 14.3% here. The big problem with the hand though is the opening raise. A standard raise is to 3BB+1BB for each limper or 60 chips. Overbetting here is not a good play and is easily exploitable.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
hi - Thu Aug 07, 2014, 03:52 AM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
QJo will win 14.3% here. The big problem with the hand though is the opening raise. A standard raise is to 3BB+1BB for each limper or 60 chips. Overbetting here is not a good play and is easily exploitable.

John (JWK24)
is easily exploitable?please if you can explaim this?english is not my primary language.Really want understand

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 07, 2014, 06:21 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
The "normal" preflop raise size would be 60 chips. If you decide to raise preflop, you should ALWAYS make is this size, no matter what hand you have.

In this hand, you chose to make a very large raise preflop, 8 times the Big Blind, when you had a very strong hand.

Your opponents will notice that you make unusually large preflop raises with your strongest hands.

In future, when your opponents see you make a very large preflop raise, they will know you have a very strong hand and will fold everything apart from AA.

Also, when you open for a smaller amount, they will likely know that you don't have a very strong hand, so they can possibly raise and bluff you because they know you will only have a medium strength hand.

Old
Thu Aug 07, 2014, 10:51 AM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamia78 View Post
is easily exploitable?please if you can explaim this?english is not my primary language.Really want understand
Here's how a knowledgeable player will exploit the open-limper.

When a player open-limps, a smart player with position will raise. The open-limp is normally a marginal to weak hand, so the limper now has 2 options. Either lose 1BB and fold or call a standard raise to 4BB.

If the limper calls, they will only hit the flop about 1 in every 3 times. This means that they will have to fold 2 out of every 3 times, so if they do this 3 times, on average, they lose 4BB.. which is more than 1BB per hand.

Either way, the open-limper is losing chips on average (either 1BB or 1.3BB)... both are a loss over time.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 07, 2014, 01:01 PM
(#6)
Ok...supose i make mistake preflop with high raise,but i dont see how i can pass trough this hand later to not kick out,because villain are aggro and preflop fold are not option...no way.Two hands in preflop i never fold whatever

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
hi - Thu Aug 07, 2014, 01:07 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Here's how a knowledgeable player will exploit the open-limper.

When a player open-limps, a smart player with position will raise. The open-limp is normally a marginal to weak hand, so the limper now has 2 options. Either lose 1BB and fold or call a standard raise to 4BB.

If the limper calls, they will only hit the flop about 1 in every 3 times. This means that they will have to fold 2 out of every 3 times, so if they do this 3 times, on average, they lose 4BB.. which is more than 1BB per hand.

Either way, the open-limper is losing chips on average (either 1BB or 1.3BB)... both are a loss over time.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)
Thanks John.I understand .exploit(iskoristit)this word boder me...i keep in my mind when i play in these situations

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 07, 2014, 01:24 PM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Here's the other end of the spectrum...

If someone open-limps a monster hand, then you get this happening... the opps to act behind will be getting the correct pot odds to play marginal hands. When the opps get the correct odds, the big hand WILL lose chips to the bad hands on average.

Due to this, I need to make standard bets and raises, so that the opps that are calling with worse hands will pay a price where they expect to lose chips to me.. instead of getting in cheaply and expecting to win chips off of me on average.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 07, 2014, 02:12 PM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
The third way to be exploited is when a player overbets, as it turns their cards face-up to their opponents. When someone does this, if the opps are even remotely competent, they will call with better hands and fold all worse ones... so the player with the big hand never wins chips... they only will get called and lose.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
(#10)
Quote:
Here's the other end of the spectrum...

If someone open-limps a monster hand, then you get this happening... the opps to act behind will be getting the correct pot odds to play marginal hands. When the opps get the correct odds, the big hand WILL lose chips to the bad hands on average.
Due to this, I need to make standard bets and raises, so that the opps that are calling with worse hands will pay a price where they expect to lose chips to me.. instead of getting in cheaply and expecting to win chips off of me on average.

John (JWK24)
i understand...you writte: When the opps get the correct odds,the big hand will lose chips to the bad hands on average...something like this

i dont care if i lose one million time with aces.I want learn how avoid lose all chips with any hand,so i need disccus of my mistakes and bad beats to avoid them later.thankS John for help

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 07, 2014, 03:02 PM
(#11)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Sometimes there's nothing we can do about it... aces will lose a given % of the time. What we can do, however is to find a happy medium where we get the most from our gains when we win.. and minimize our losses, when we lose.

It takes time to learn, but it's something that all players will need to learn in order to become better.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com