Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

$2.2 NLHE How to play at this level?

Old
$2.2 NLHE How to play at this level? - Thu Aug 07, 2014, 12:55 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2014
BronzeStar
I was trying to steal blind so push all in with any hand. What could be strategy here.

Old
Thu Aug 07, 2014, 03:15 AM
(#2)
Since: May 2011
Looks like you have about 5bb left behind at 25K/50K/ante? Not sure if 44K in the middle is dead money?

A $2.20 MTT have you cashed yet? Need to check again if this is a bubble spot - you can survive to min cash with hand-for-hand in play? Perhaps more information could help.

You got yourself a bit short stacked here.

Edit: Just checked a 4bb shove into 4 players: 22+ Ax+ K3s+ K8o+ Q6s+ Q9o+ J8s+ J9o+ T8s+ 98s. It's just a range, we can decide J8s+ or J9o+, or go with our J4 hand - or fold. But we can't wait around too long.

Last edited by ForrestFive; Thu Aug 07, 2014 at 03:36 AM.. Reason: shove chart range

Old
Thu Aug 07, 2014, 07:01 AM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2014
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForrestFive View Post
Looks like you have about 5bb left behind at 25K/50K/ante? Not sure if 44K in the middle is dead money?

A $2.20 MTT have you cashed yet? Need to check again if this is a bubble spot - you can survive to min cash with hand-for-hand in play? Perhaps more information could help.

You got yourself a bit short stacked here.

Edit: Just checked a 4bb shove into 4 players: 22+ Ax+ K3s+ K8o+ Q6s+ Q9o+ J8s+ J9o+ T8s+ 98s. It's just a range, we can decide J8s+ or J9o+, or go with our J4 hand - or fold. But we can't wait around too long.
I already got ITM(326/2700 players got ITM). My position was 14/16.

Old
Thu Aug 07, 2014, 11:19 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi sandip504!

I think the bigger thing to look at from reviewing this tourney is... why am I this short and did I miss opportunities earlier or leak off chips earlier.

With J4o, when it folds to me in the hijack with just over 4BB, I need to be shoving about 42% of hands... 22+ Ax+ K2s+ K6o+ Q4s+ Q8o+ J7s+ J9o+ T7s+ T9o 96s+ 86s+ 76s

J4o is not in this range, so I need to fold and find a better spot. I want to be shoving wide, but J4o is a total junk hand that really doesn't have any playability at all if I get called, so it's a -EV shove.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

P.S. The hands I'd concentrate on looking at are the ones where I did not fold to a C-Bet. 20% FCB is way, way too low, so it means that I'm spewing off chips by calling too many flop bets.

Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 07, 2014, 03:32 PM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2010
I agree with all John said, especially about your FCB stat. This might just be an anomaly based on a tiny sample but all the same, it might be something worth looking at.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com