Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Fullring 5nl Zoom - Ace Queen Suited

Old
Fullring 5nl Zoom - Ace Queen Suited - Fri Aug 08, 2014, 08:07 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
Hi guys,

Playing HUDless at the moment (Pokerstars update causing HEM2 to not work properly)

Anyone think that a bet/call here is the best play?

Didn't want to raise on the flop, wanted him to bet his sets on the turn? Is there any error in that thinking, i.e. potential scare cards can kill the action, or if the board pairs, etc.

When the turn came, I decided to go all-in, hoping to make him feel committed to the pot.

He had a flush as well with . Now I know this guy likes to call with one gappers

Cheers,

Matt

Old
Fri Aug 08, 2014, 09:44 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
Well played. No need to protect anything so let him bluff you !

Old
Fri Aug 08, 2014, 10:05 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
Agreed. I'd played that exactly the same way

Old
Fri Aug 08, 2014, 10:14 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkleefstra View Post
Well played. No need to protect anything so let him bluff you !
What hands is he bluffing with? If we are taking a line to induce bluffs, villain has to have a bluffing range.

Since we hold the A and Q of hearts, he has almost no bluffing range. KhQx is about it. And that's a hand he's not folding to a reraise.

Unless we had a read that the villain is a total bluff monkey (i.e. has random nonsense hands in a bluff range here) then I think his raise is largely value and protection oriented, which means we should reraise, because he's not folding any of that stuff and we'd like to get more money in right now before a scary card can potentially kill our action.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 08, 2014, 11:31 AM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2013
Hi Dave,

That's why I wasn't sure on the flop (as you have mention). I thought that he might have a set here, and didn't re-raise with the fear that he might fold thinking that I got the goods. I did mention in my original post that scare card could kill my action.

Question Dave

I checked the lobby and villain was playing 4 tables.

If you were villain here and had a set, would you still be stacking off on the flop if you were re-raised all-in? Would you still stack off with the hand that he had 9h7h - doesn't seem like a great hand to play? I am not using my HUD at the moment as it's not working, but if villain is a reg playing 4 tables, I would expect him to have a HUD, and so if he has a decent sample size on me then he should potentially see 13/10ish player. I think that what I am asking is...in this situation where I am villain, what do I do so that I am the one not making the mistake of stacking off with the worst of it?

Cheers,

Matt

Old
Fri Aug 08, 2014, 12:36 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Matt,

We don't have to 3b mash $5.35 into a pot of $1.35 (although we could, maybe we look more drawy/protectiony doing this)... we could reraise to like $1.75-$2.00 and shove turn if called.

If I were villain, I would not fold a set or 9h7h to either action on the flop, as I think opponents may have AhJx, QQ-AA in their range here (especially overpairs with a heart), and possibly some AhKx/AhQx semibluffs. And I have outs with a set if wrong.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 09, 2014, 06:02 AM
(#7)
Since: Apr 2014
I originally thought straight, then relooked and saw a straight, (looking from the villans perspective)
then I saw the flush and I probably would have followed suit. Unless I considered you may have a higher flush which probably isn't likely for me.

Old
Sun Aug 10, 2014, 05:59 PM
(#8)
Since: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
What hands is he bluffing with?
I don't know about the higher levels but on 5NL they don't need anything to bluff this kind of flop. A flop like this is actually very easy to bluff because it's so scary so I deff bluff flops like this is the situation is right.

wouldn't be a bluff but a semi-bluff.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com