Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Questions on how to do hand analysis and thought process

Old
Exclamation
Questions on how to do hand analysis and thought process - Fri Aug 08, 2014, 10:13 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2014
WhiteStar
POKER HAND REVIEW AND STUDY

HAND #1 vs. REPLIC8

Winning Poker Network Game #305756542: No Limit Holdem ($0.01/$0.02) [2014/08/08 16:38:20 UTC]
Table: Morinite - 2
Seats: 2
Seat 1: ManiacClownFish ($3.27)
Seat 2: replic8 ($3)
Button is seat 1
ManiacClownFish: posts small blind $0.01
replic8: posts big blind $0.02
*** HOLE CARDS ***
ManiacClownFish: dealt [6h 8h]
ManiacClownFish: calls $0.01
replic8: checks
*** FLOP *** [3s Ah 5h]
ManiacClownFish: bets $0.02
replic8: calls $0.02
*** TURN *** [3s Ah 5h] [4d]
ManiacClownFish: bets $0.05
replic8: raises $0.15
ManiacClownFish: calls $0.10
*** RIVER *** [3s Ah 5h] [4d] [Kh]
replic8: bets $0.24
ManiacClownFish: raises $1
replic8: calls $0.76
replic8: mucks
*** SUMMARY ***
Pot: $2.27 | Rake: $0.11 |
Board: [3s Ah 5h 4d Kh]
Seat 1: ManiacClownFish won $2.27 (+$1.08) [6h 8h] Flush, Ace High
Seat 2: replic8 lost -$1.19

So looking at this hand the first thing that i would like to look at is what is his VPIP calling in the BB. Over +1400 hands he has had a VPIP of 61 overall. His VPIP from the button has been 71% (in SB in position stat is 466/659). His VPIP in the BB (out of position 148/338) is 44%. I am not sure how there are less hands tracked out of possition. Possibly because he is 3betting 20% of all hands, so i assume that he is 3betting the PFR so he would be in BB. Maybe that is why the stat is lower. Now looking at that range of just flatting and/or 3betting (not quite sure how to understand the stats) is 44%. Now that range on EQUILAB is:
“44+, A2s+, K2s+, Q4s+, J6s+, T6s+, 97s+, 87s, A2o+, K6o+, Q8o+, J8o+, T8o+, 98o”
I would say that he is playing any pair and just playing a lot of funky hands. So his range is extremely wide. It means he is going to have every single Ax suited or off-suit combination in the deck, a ton of different suited hands and connected hands etc. Tons of hands basically.

ManiacClownFish: dealt [6h 8h]

Prelfop action I was on the button and I acutally limped this hand....wow all that stuff and i didn’t realize that i limped. ok so i limped because he was 3betting me like %20. He checked in BB and he had been raising to 4x occasionally when i had limped.

*** FLOP *** [3s Ah 5h]

The pot was $.04 and he checked and i bet min. He called.

*** TURN *** [3s Ah 5h] [4d]
He checked and and i bet $.05 into pot of $.08, he raised to $.15. Before this hand i was betting min times that i had limed and he was checkraising Ax and Kx flops and then mucking to my 3bet. I knew that it was hard for him to have any of them even though it was hard for me to have them because i’m limping. The reason why i knew that it was hard for him to have them was because for the most part he was raising a lot of those Ax and Kx hands preflop when i was limping. He check raised me, i called.

*** RIVER *** [3s Ah 5h] [4d] [Kh]
replic8: bets $0.24
ManiacClownFish: raises $1
replic8: calls $0.76
replic8: mucks

Those are the results. I thought he was probably betting a two. I had shown him before tha ti overbet jammed on another hand just reping the flush when it got there and i didn’t have anyhting but air. He actually had the flush and i don’t think he would have called if he didn’t. I had over bet pots more then once where i had top pair and i was check calling or betting and then there was a missed flush draw. He ended up paying me off. Thinking about his range. I am trying think about his perception of my range. I really don’t know what he was thinking. Maybe he thought i was chopping. Maybe he wasn’t thinking period and he was just saying well he is agressive and i have whatever i have probably a straight and i am going to call. I was wondering if he might have htought that i could have a higher straight. If he had the two it would have been harder for that to happen since he would have to have a two so that would limit the comboes but now thinking about it i believe that he thinks that i was just reping a flushdraw. I feel kind of weird writing about this hand because it’s 2NL, but i am trying to study hands and go over a thought process and just understand how to study. I don’t normally study anything. I just play and then look at hand histories but i don’t write about them.

VP 61/PR 53/3B 19/CB 55/65/43/ (1.4k)
replic8/FCB 33/50/50
checkraise flop=20%
checkraise turn=13%

i did not do this for the actual hand itself. i am just hoping someone can tell me what i am not doing well in the thought process and help me correct my errors and thoughts. thanks much. good luck all

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com