Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL-cashgame-set of 6-lose all

Old
10NL-cashgame-set of 6-lose all - Sat Aug 09, 2014, 07:38 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2014

After the game I think maybe I should all in first when the villain bet a pot OTF.any comments?

Old
Sat Aug 09, 2014, 08:27 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
First off, I would suggest topping off your stack automatically, when you don't top up it limits how much you can win.

You just about have the right odds to set mine here so the call pre is fine if you think the guy will pay off when you hit.

Flop, just shove, the min-raise looks fishy and acheives very little. You are telling him that you are never folding anyway as to do so after the click-back would be pretty horrible in truth. He can call with worse. All your beaten by at the minute i flopped flushes and sets higher than yours both of which would just be coolers.

Old
Mon Aug 11, 2014, 10:06 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi jsguo,

I agree with what bhoy said, preflop top yourself up and as for set mining, the price is ok but without reads it's dubious as we don't know the propensity to win stacks when we hit. Also if we were a little shorter to start the hand, or villain 3b bigger, the price can become wrong to even try.

I also like shoving the flop. Another problem with clicking it back besides the fact that you are telegraphing a big hand, is you're offering immediate odds of 4-1 for villain to peel the turn card. If he's got a single big spade, he's going to call you now. If you raise bigger, he might call anyway (even a shove) but at least he's making a mistake in doing so then. And you want to get hands like top/top and overpairs without a spade in the middle right now in case a 4th spade comes as that will kill your action.

Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com