Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

$ 0.11 MTT tournamen, tK 10 Please review this hand

Old
$ 0.11 MTT tournamen, tK 10 Please review this hand - Sat Aug 09, 2014, 09:52 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2014

Played in a 0.11 MTT tournament

Old
Sat Aug 09, 2014, 11:05 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Preflop, this is a really marginal call. Multiway like this, I'd much rather 3-bet or fold and not call a raise as it's too easy for me to be dominate and I'm also out of position, which is a huge disadvantage.

It's better to just muck here and look for a better spot, and not leak off chips.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 10, 2014, 07:19 AM
(#3)
Since: May 2014
assuming that no one raised pre plop and I got to see the flop for free' would u call the bet with gut shot and 2 over cards ?

Old
Sun Aug 10, 2014, 11:34 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dduvshani View Post
assuming that no one raised pre plop and I got to see the flop for free' would u call the bet with gut shot and 2 over cards ?
Not a chance. The bet is way too big. With a gutterball and 2 overs, I have 10 outs IF all of them are good (most likely not). Even if they are good, my hand is worth 20% equity (most likely 3 of my outs, one of the overs) will be counterfeited by one of the opps, so I'd count my hand as 14% equity.

To call, I need to put 750 into a pot that will be 3000 (25%).

This means that each and every time that I would call, I'd LOSE 11% of my chips... so it's an easy muck.

I want to be putting my chips into the pot when I'm ahead and expecting to gain chips, not when I'm expecting to lose chips.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com