Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL FR ZOOM: UTG+1 with ATs, folded against tiny bet OTT

Old
25NL FR ZOOM: UTG+1 with ATs, folded against tiny bet OTT - Sun Aug 10, 2014, 10:48 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2014
No stats about the villain.

Appreciate any comments, but in particular, is my fold OTT ok? I feel the tiny bet OTT quite suspicious, perhaps I am drawing dead... but KK/55 are not so likely, so should I continue my hand putting him on AK/KJ?

------------------------------

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

Button ($13.27)
SB ($26.10)
BB ($15.05)
UTG ($54.40)
Hero (UTG+1) ($79.65)
MP1 ($17.54)
MP2 ($25)
MP3 ($35.19)
CO ($25.88)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Ad, 10d
1 fold, Hero raises to $0.75, 5 folds, SB calls $0.65, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.75) Jd, Ks, 5d (2 players)
SB bets $1, Hero raises to $2.50, SB raises to $6.75, Hero calls $4.25

Turn: ($15.25) 5c (2 players)
SB bets $3.50, Hero folds

Old
Mon Aug 11, 2014, 10:20 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi dog,

I would generally prefer to flat call on the flop here. Players tend to donk out like this with draws and made hands like top pair quite often, and since we block a lot of the draws he's probably more heavy in KQ/KT, which he's not folding to your raise anyway. If I did raise, it would be with the intention of 4b shoving over an action like this with this big a draw... I think we will have some non-zero amount of fold equity, and enough hand equity to try and leverage it.

I don't like folding to the turn bet. If you had reads or notes that the villain was solid, then I think folding would be ok as this does look like a baiting bet. But a fish may just be scared you didn't fold OTF, or that his KJ has just been counterfeited vs. your possible AA. He could also have been getting aggressive OTF with a draw himself, and is now thinking you won't fold so he's trying to set his own price to see the river. No reads, no way to know. But getting 5.3-1 to see the river and having position to see what he does first, I'd call and play the river by ear.

Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Aug 12, 2014, 10:16 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2014
Thanks Dave,

I couldn't simulate any other condition at the time, but now I feel I could call OTT
Villain's postflop decisions were very fast, so maybe I overestimate his hand.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com