Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Sunday Storm AK Can I fold after flop raise?

Old
Sunday Storm AK Can I fold after flop raise? - Sun Aug 10, 2014, 04:01 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2014
BronzeStar

Old
Mon Aug 11, 2014, 12:46 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2013
Hey Sandip,

The actual questions in my mind here are :
- is he loose or tight ?
- is he positional aware (given stack sizes and UTG open AJo I am guessing not! and I am guessing loose aggro but table dynamics and other considerations kick in for this to be a simple answer)
For me, this is a clear fold on the flop. Yes, he is c-betting alot (as a lot of dudes are on missed flops) but then again he is less than 20 BB (preflop he is 20BB, but given antes and the fact he is next BB will make him 19BB :-P). In cash games his half pot cbet wouldn't mean that much but here is a different story, he pot commits himself (putting his tourney life on the line) with that bet and that should make you wonder.
So considering stacks and tourney state (near the money <> far of the money) will give you the answer.

My own thoughts, not to be taken for granted

Regards,
Shoim (Bogdan)

Old
Mon Aug 11, 2014, 01:44 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi sandip,

Yes, I think you can and should fold. When the villain donk bets into you here I would expect him to have a J quite often, some hand he's never folding for sure and most of which is ahead of AK high, so no great reason to put another 20bb at risk imo.

If the donk bet seems strange, well, villain is very likely a fish, flatting this 3b out of position preflop. He should generally fold or rip on his stack size, unless he's getting cute/trappy with AA/KK... but if he were then he'd almost certainly continue that mode of thought and check/shove or check/call on the flop.

Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Aug 12, 2014, 12:22 PM
(#4)
Since: Mar 2014
BronzeStar
Thanks for information!

Old
Tue Aug 12, 2014, 08:33 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
opponent is giving you the reason to fold so just fold no need to reshove with A high cause your not winning on anything your opponent donk bets with

opponent called 3bet then suddenly betting ahead of you

be thankful that you dont need to waste a cbet with your 3bet

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com