Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

180 man MTT. TT all in, low stack...

Old
180 man MTT. TT all in, low stack... - Tue Aug 12, 2014, 06:52 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2014
Hello,

So i had a few bad beats earlier in the tournament and as you can see was pretty low with the amount of Chips i had. After evaluating other peoples playing positions most players were playing pretty tight so a shove with a TT would enable me to win the blinds over. The player who called me was quite a loose player. Do you think I made the right decision at that point in the game to shove or how would you have dealt with it?

Out of 180 players we were done to about 60 and I was ranked 55ish in chip size.

Thank you

Old
Tue Aug 12, 2014, 07:58 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2013
Hello,

You have 19BB, the bigstack raises small before you. Why do you feel the need to re-raise all in. I think you might have a fairly good hand with TT and he might be behind (as in this case). But ask yourself this, do you think it is worth it to coinflip (most of the time) with the big stack (who has almost nothing to lose), while you have still enough chips to fight later on more secure battles for smaller pots?

best regards

Old
Tue Aug 12, 2014, 09:26 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2013
If he calls you with hands like A8s, its a really good valuejam.

Well played?

Old
Wed Aug 13, 2014, 04:52 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2014
I think i did it stupidly just for him to call as he's been doing alot even with poor hands so the likeliness was he wouldn't have anything good, he'd call, i'd win. He won those chips mainly out of luck, not a great deal of skill.

Old
Wed Aug 13, 2014, 05:24 AM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
reshoving is definitely the right play beacause your gonna risk 2997 into 525 pot roughly 17% chip up if you get your opponent to fold which we want to do to lessen our variance in flip situation and as you said villain will call you very light just like that w A8s.

agree well played just unlucky you'll get them next time

glgl keep playing volume will kill the variance

Old
Wed Aug 13, 2014, 06:35 AM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi flamewipe

Because the average stack size is as big as it is I'll go ahead and assume that this is a 180 man rebuy tournmanent?

If this were a standard non turbo/non rebuy 180 man I think that calling would best with our 20 big blind stack but as this is a rebuy tournament and villain has been playing very loose I think your shove is fine as you'll often get looked up really light by this type of player.

Nice hand, Chris.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com