Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL FR ZOOM: nut flush OTR, how much to bet?

Old
25NL FR ZOOM: nut flush OTR, how much to bet? - Tue Aug 12, 2014, 10:46 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2014
CO plays 13/0/0 after 16 hands.

What would be the best bet size OTR? First I assumed he has Kx or Jx and thought pot-bet would be too large. My mini-reraise is intended to induce further reraise, but I feel it was not good. 3bet shove seems still too large for me, since both players are deep-stacked...?

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

Button ($22.99)
Hero (SB) ($47.13)
BB ($24.18)
UTG ($37.80)
UTG+1 ($40.44)
MP1 ($8.25)
MP2 ($13.57)
MP3 ($25.17)
CO ($46.79)

Preflop: Hero is SB with As, 10s
1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.75, 3 folds, CO calls $0.75, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.65, 1 fold

Flop: ($2.50) 2d, 4s, Kc (3 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks

Turn: ($2.50) Js (3 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, CO bets $1.19, Hero calls $1.19, 1 fold

River: ($4.88) 3s (2 players)
Hero bets $2.25, CO raises to $4.50, Hero raises to $6.75, CO calls $2.25

Old
Wed Aug 13, 2014, 07:26 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2014
After posting this, I started to think that 3b shove is good. Firstly I wanted to get called by sets or weak flush etc, but if he had the 2nd or 3rd nut and called my shove it would be just sweet, and could compensate the folds of other weaker hands in long term...

Old
Wed Aug 13, 2014, 11:46 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi dog,

I think 3b shoving is too heavy handed considering we get to the river with only $4.88 in the pot and $44.85 behind. If the villain was a huge fish that's more attractive, but the progression of 2.25 > 4.50 > 44.85 is normally going to scare out all non flushes and even a number of smaller and medium size flushes. He has to have specifically the king high flush to pay this, and even still it's not certain.

The min-3b though definitely leaves value on the table imo. I would like to raise to about $15, which I think will provide a nice balance of still get called by all flushes and some strong non-flush hands, and leaves the door open to a reraise by his stronger flushes that will commit his stack (plus an illusion of fold equity on a $45 shove if he talks himself into a wild bluff).

Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com