Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

$2.2 NLHE Can I fold AT odd?

Old
$2.2 NLHE Can I fold AT odd? - Wed Aug 13, 2014, 01:33 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2014
BronzeStar
Hi,
Its $2.2 NLHE I was at 3/7 position.
Can I fold for opponent all in? Also at this situation wait for pay jump is correct approach or wrong approach?

Old
Wed Aug 13, 2014, 04:14 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
I would probably fold this from this position on the table before the flop.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Aug 13, 2014, 10:55 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi sandip504!

With ATo from UTG, I'm actually going to open-fold this here. The very loose bigstack is left to act (and in the blind) and villains 5,6,9 can all shove on me, as they have less than 10BB... so the way that I look at a situation like this, is if I'm not willing to play for these three opps' stacks, then I'm going to save the 140k chips and not even open it.

When villain 6 shoves, I'm absolutely folding. I'm behind their range and when I go to an ICM calculator since this is the FT, I get a call range of 88+,AQ+. Since ATo is not within this range, it's not a strong enough hand to call with, and due to this, I need to muck.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Aug 13, 2014, 08:59 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
with so many short stacks to act

if you raise here and opponent reshoves I think you have to call and hope for the best

if you dont like calling them off then just wait for the better spot

but if you raise and then fold to reshove of the short stacks that's the worst option

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com