Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL Flopping trips vs maniac

Old
2NL Flopping trips vs maniac - Wed Aug 13, 2014, 01:36 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2014
BronzeStar
Maniac´s stats: Vpip:82/pfr:100/3bet:80/cbet:100

Preflop raise was loose,I wanted to get rid of all other opponents (who were tight).Maniac´s min-3bet didn´t concern me,he was doing this all the time.
I called on flop because i didn´t want to scare him off.The reraise on turn was so small for the same reason (at least in my eyes it is pretty small reraise ). I couldn´t find the way to fold on the river when i have already invested more than half of my stack + I saw him putting other players all in with his lowest pair earlier so I didn´t put him on something big.

My questions:

1.Should my reraise have been higher or against this type of player it really doesn´t matter?
2.Should I have folded the river even after amount of stack i put in the middle?

Thanks for any reply

Old
Wed Aug 13, 2014, 05:01 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
Just call every street.
Against loose aggressive players, you should often play passively. If he bluffs a lot, then let him bluff, and make your money by calling his bluffs. When you raise, it says "I have a real hand" and that will make a maniac stop bluffing, which is the last thing you want him to do!
If you just call on the turn, you give villain one last chance to bluff. Obviously he'll make a hand that beats you sometimes, but in the long run you're crushing him by trapping.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com