Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Pair of 8s in the money against a raise

Old
Pair of 8s in the money against a raise - Wed Aug 13, 2014, 02:13 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
I had this hand what were you doing i went all in was it a correct move ? **link removed** T2C

Last edited by TOO2COO; Wed Aug 13, 2014 at 03:06 PM..

Old
Wed Aug 13, 2014, 02:47 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
The positions aren't ideal, but we are too short to fold 88 with only 5bb imo and a single big stacked raiser, so this seems like an easy all in to me. The presence of the big stack should serve to protect us from action behind, and while I don't expect much if any fold equity over his 2-x open, 88 plays fine against his range.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Aug 13, 2014, 02:58 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2013
Thanks for the quick comment. : )

Old
Wed Aug 13, 2014, 03:10 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
Hello amit934,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline. Here's a short video about PSO and what it has to offer you. Also check out >>This Page<< for more info.

We're here to help you so please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Thanks for being part of PSO, and Best of Luck at the Tables

Brian

Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com