Old
Thu Aug 14, 2014, 05:03 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
My thoughts are:
Don't change a thing.

[edit, after seeing bhoylegend's post]
I thought you folded to the shove.
You have to put $4.20 to get a pot of $5.70 = 0.50 + 1 + 4.2 (his effective bet). I wouldn't like my odds here.

Last edited by rkleefstra; Thu Aug 14, 2014 at 06:11 PM..

Old
Thu Aug 14, 2014, 05:18 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2012
Plugging in the absolute worst case scenarios of all the overpairs, sets, better flush draws and no spew at all we have 45% equity.

I like how you are hopefully playing it when you call his shove

Old
Sat Aug 16, 2014, 01:01 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
Just call the flop.
When you smash the flop this hard, it's really hard for villain to be ahead, but when he is ahead, you're in trouble. Ergo, raising is a mistake, since it folds out worse hands and gets actions from monsters.
You'll obviously have a lot of equity when villain shoves his set, overpair or NFD, but you're not actually going to be a favourite against his range as a whole, so you're just flipping in a needlessly high variance situation.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com