Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL zoom - Monsters under the bed? AA JJ 2s3s, ok it is ??

Old
5NL zoom - Monsters under the bed? AA JJ 2s3s, ok it is ?? - Fri Aug 15, 2014, 04:20 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
It happens all the time. If anyone says "You shouldn't be worried about - Monsters under the bed", either they don't play micros or can give us $1000 to prove it's true.

So what do we think. Call in bb with 44 flop 544 a submarine (under boat). What can they have AA JJ on turn river? I don't do bad beats but if it was a 2s3s open raise?

Just ship the 1000 bucks via Poker Stars and I will spend it wisely.

Old
Fri Aug 15, 2014, 06:18 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
I think I would have raised OTF and would be happy to stick the money in right there if he 3bets

As played, the board is turning really ugly and his shove is sickening. I could say you should have done this or that, fact is, the money is going in.

Nasty cooler

Old
Fri Aug 15, 2014, 07:58 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2012
Have played the micros extensively and stand by my comments in the other threads.

You can't go looking for monsters under the bed in every hand otherwise you will miss a tonne of value. That said, sometimes there are monsters under the bed, I've lost to quads before too. It happens and everyone at the micros is going bust in this spot.

Old
Sat Aug 16, 2014, 12:54 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
Why did you donk the turn? That will usually make villain fold hands like 99 that you'd prefer to stick around when they are drawing almost dead.

Check-call or check-raise are much better, and you shouldn't ever consider folding, unless the river is a 5 or Ace that counterfeits your boat.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 16, 2014, 01:26 PM
(#5)
Since: May 2011
I was thinking of raising the flop c-bet then thought my hand was too strong and get too many folds there. Leading the turn looks bluffy when the flush gets there and getting value from a big spade or small flush no-believers. Was crushed anyway.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com