100NL, ZOOM Turned nut vs. XC, XC, XRAI

Old
100NL, ZOOM Turned nut vs. XC, XC, XRAI - Fri Aug 15, 2014, 12:27 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
UTG: (24 hands) 17/17/0.5
SB: (335 hands) 15/10/1.9
BB: (33 hands) 24/12/2.0

PF: I think PF is pretty standiardo trying to invite the weaker players in the blinds to come along.

OTF: I think my sizing is pretty good.

OTT: $12.00-$15.00 would be better? I was thinking after the villain XCs OTF that they might have a flush draw as well, so I was expecting them to XR their flush here but they don't.

OTR: Villain decides to X/Shove on me!

Would you call this check/shove or fold? Villain's AF is very small @ 0.5 but so is our sample size. The problem I see here is that villains rarely X/Shove the river as a bluff.

Old
Fri Aug 15, 2014, 09:43 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
tough spot

im going to call on the river because if he got set of 9's 7's on flop. I think he's gonna cbet it bec

the semi wet board or at least check raise it already.

on the river you got to call he got the 2nd best flush.

Old
Fri Aug 15, 2014, 10:15 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2012
Fold.

No reasonable player will x/shove a flush here given you have nearly all boat combos in your range.

Fwiw AA plays this 100% the same.

Old
Sat Aug 16, 2014, 01:42 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi dirt,

Interesting hand. I think I would call here. The villain's line just makes little sense to me for most randoms and how they would play their sets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post
No reasonable player will x/shove a flush here given you have nearly all boat combos in your range.

Fwiw AA plays this 100% the same.
FTR, I don't disagree with any of this. The thing is, maybe villain's not a reasonable player. If we knew villain was solid, I think it's a fold (and we'll see AA/99/77 mostly). Readless, I think it's so much less clear. People might go nuts with a flush, with AK played awful, or with some bluff thinking we can't call. They won't think about or realize we have 77/99 in our range.

I guess my position is, vs. a known fish, I would call. Vs a strong player, I think it's a fold. Vs a random, it's not crystal clear but with the nut flush I would lean towards calling.

Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 17, 2014, 08:08 AM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2012
I think specifically at Zoom we should be erring on the side of folding.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com