Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5nl cash table, should i check the river?

Old
5nl cash table, should i check the river? - Sat Aug 16, 2014, 01:43 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2014

Old
Sat Aug 16, 2014, 04:18 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2014
depends on your opponent playing tendencies. As we see him call Q8s an UTG raise we can assume he is a fish. So I would recommend betting a little bit more on the river, around 2 dollars.

Old
Sat Aug 16, 2014, 10:15 AM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2013
I like the way you played this hand

Check river and then what? call a potsize bet? call any bet?

Old
Sat Aug 16, 2014, 12:41 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
AK should be the bottom of your value triple-barrel range. Bet-bet-bet(fold) is the almost certainly the optimal line.
With a worse top pair, you'd ideally check a previous street and use it as a bluff-catcher, depending on villain's sizing.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com