Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Laughing at variance when it comes back to bite you on the a**

Old
Laughing at variance when it comes back to bite you on the a** - Sat Aug 16, 2014, 06:33 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2012

FH rivered by a better full house.

Set over set.

Set over set.

Missed OESD.

Quit session and laugh.

Old
Sat Aug 16, 2014, 12:43 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
At least you didn't spend 4 hours chasing your losses this time.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 17, 2014, 07:59 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
At least you didn't spend 4 hours chasing your losses this time.

Hopefully that's the 'Achievement'?

Ouch with the boat! And the coolers too Hopefully the cards'll turn around for you soon!!

Old
Sun Aug 17, 2014, 08:01 AM
(#4)
They didn't today, still in profit for the month, but barely I imagine.

Old
Sun Aug 17, 2014, 08:08 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Wow, with such bad variance, to be in profit for the month's fantanstic! I wasn't able to say the same for June of this year - not even close

Old
Sun Aug 17, 2014, 08:23 AM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2012

suffice to stay i quit my session soon after.

Old
Sun Aug 17, 2014, 08:37 AM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustySam View Post
Wow, with such bad variance, to be in profit for the month's fantanstic! I wasn't able to say the same for June of this year - not even close
Over the month I have run pretty well to be honest, I cant complain (I can and do in reality), I'm treading water at poker since the early part of the year.

Not sure if the games changed or my game changed.

Old
Sun Aug 17, 2014, 08:38 AM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post

suffice to stay i quit my session soon after.
That's just brutal.

Get it in good and be flopped dead

Old
Sun Aug 17, 2014, 10:12 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post
Over the month I have run pretty well to be honest, I cant complain (I can and do in reality), I'm treading water at poker since the early part of the year.

Not sure if the games changed or my game changed.
That's what seems to happen to me as well - I go for looong periods of time at breakeven ... and then about once every two months there's a heater, which is very exciting! The breakeven, not so much ...

But there was that big downswing I had in June, where my graph went into complete freefall for a short bit, so now im thinking breakeven's maybe not the worst thing in the world. Maybe because the VPPs and FPPs keep coming in, to make it not so bad? Wish my winnings at the table were better though, for sure ...

PS UL birdayy

Old
Sun Aug 17, 2014, 12:16 PM
(#10)
Since: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post
That's just brutal.

Get it in good and be flopped dead
I had the same thing the other day, but KK vs KK vs QQ. It's a pretty weird (and rare) spot to flop an overpair on a straight-less board and have zero equity.
Somehow, I just laughed. I doubt I'd be laughing at 50NL though. It would take a while to regain a stack. :/

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 18, 2014, 02:39 PM
(#11)

Know nothing about PLO HI/LO but somehow took it down for a massive profit.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com