(#1)
Since: Oct 2013

Old
Sun Aug 17, 2014, 11:11 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
When I have a made hand, the only time that I can slowplay is if there is not a single card in the deck that can beat me.

With 2 opps in the pot, especially after raising preflop, I need to make a 2/3 pot value bet. By check/calling a smaller bet, I'm giving the opp the correct odds to try to outdraw me... if they do so, it's my own fault that I lose the hand.

Same thing on the turn, but it needs to be 1/2 pot. I need to make sure that the bet on this street is at least this much or I'm potentially giving them the correct odds to outdraw me.

On the river, the previous bet mistakes are now compounded, as I can't get the rest of my stack in... costing me chips that I should be winning.

When playing hands, I want to be aggressive and not to bet way too small or check on streets that I should be value betting (and pricing the opp's draws out). Yes, AA got lucky here, but by playing the hand this way, it will lose much, much more than it should, as since the opp is getting the correct odds to play... AA WILL LOSE chips on average in this hand, each and every time, which is not what I want with a premium hand.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com