Since: May 2014

Played in a 0.11 MTT tourney

Old
Sun Aug 17, 2014, 11:30 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Preflop, I'm going to make a standard raise (2.2BB+1BB for each limper).

On the flop, I'm going to make a standard c-bet of 1/2 pot. When the opp min-raises me, I need a read on the opp (none provided... these are critical). How is this guy playing, tight or loose? If the opp is loose, I'm 3-bet jamming as a raise pot-commits me. If the opp is tight, I'm going to call and re-evaluate the turn.
On the turn, with the nut flush redraw, I'm leading again and since a standard bet pot-commits me, I'm jamming.

The key is a read on the opp on the flop... with none provided, I don't know what to do. Please always put reads into every hand that you post, as it's 100% critical information.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 17, 2014, 08:21 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
@40bb stack to start with and opp min/r me postflop it's time to get it all in WINNING TIME baby

just unlucky buddy you will get them next time

Old
Tue Aug 19, 2014, 08:28 AM
(#4)
Since: Dec 2012
Agreed, you may want to try to get it in on the flop depending on what you think of the villain, but you had him drawing to 4 outs when the money got in the middle. It's hard to do a lot better than that .

It sucks that he got there, but it's just part of poker.

Old
Tue Aug 19, 2014, 06:01 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2014

poker :/

AJ_Orion

Last edited by AJ_Orion; Tue Aug 19, 2014 at 07:29 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com