Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL Zoom: 2 Pair, Fold River?

Old
25NL Zoom: 2 Pair, Fold River? - Sun Aug 17, 2014, 01:38 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2012

Opponent is 13/6 (31 hands)

I overplayed my hand I think. Fine to call turn raise, but fold river?

Old
Sun Aug 17, 2014, 03:30 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2013
Hey

I think this is a reads heavy hand. Is my opp loose/passive weak/aggro ? The sample is worthless unless I see some showdowns out of him and take a note.
A 1/2 pot size bet works OTF and a x/c OTT trying to see a cheap showdown or fold to heavy aggro with an over card on board, in position, would be the safe way with no reads, I think.

Old
Sun Aug 17, 2014, 08:27 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
damn hard to me to fold 2 pr in this kind of situation

if you call the turn you should call the river

just fold the turn if your planning to fold on a river bet save yourself some $$

unlucky hand

Old
Sun Aug 17, 2014, 09:21 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi carl,

Although the sample size is limited, this guy has done nothing in our 31 hand sample to suggest he's wild or out of line... the indication if anything is tight-passive. While the read is circumstantial at this point, when such a player check-raises we should be running for the hills.

In this case we have more ot go on than just the circumstantial stat read... the villain has continued vs. 2 strong barrels from us, and check/raised big on the turn barrel, which shows great strength.

As hard as it sometimes sounds to yield 2 pair, I think middle 2 are going to be in bad shape the vast majority of the time here, looking at KT or 22 a ton. This seems to me like a nice spot to make an exploitative fold.

Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com