Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL FR ZOOM: SB with AKs, somewhat trickily played tptk

Old
25NL FR ZOOM: SB with AKs, somewhat trickily played tptk - Mon Aug 18, 2014, 12:17 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2014
The villain plays 11/9/5, CB 75, FCB 0 after 220 hands.

I feel my play was not so bad but somewhat tricky, so please comment if there's more profitable play. My thought was:

Once My villain decide to get involved, he doesn't easily fold and attempts float often. Perhaps he would call my 3bet pre / cbet postflop, and in most cases it would be hard to stay aggressive all the streets, especially oop. so I just called my AKs. Flop was dry, so I tried to pretend marginal hand and induce bluff, also to control the pot size.

------------------------------

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Button ($86.31)
Hero (SB) ($32.19)
BB ($42.39)
UTG ($33.35)
UTG+1 ($25)
MP1 ($22.26)
MP2 ($26.14)
MP3 ($38.96)
CO ($24.30)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Ac, Kc
4 folds, MP3 raises to $0.75, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.65, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.75) 4d, 8s, Kh (2 players)
Hero checks, MP3 bets $1, Hero calls $1

Turn: ($3.75) 10h (2 players)
Hero bets $2.50, MP3 calls $2.50

River: ($8.75) 8c (2 players)
Hero checks, MP3 bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50

Old
Mon Aug 18, 2014, 01:01 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi dog,

I think the preflop and flop lines are fine vs. a tight villain, 3-betting tends to fold out some of his dominated opens. Since he c-bets frequently and will c-bet this board texture as the PFR a lot, check/call seems good.

I'm curious why you led the turn though. You didn't include a c-bet turn stat so does he not barrel much? If he frequently double barrels then just check/call again, if not then I don't mind leading at all.

River seems like a bet would be better. We can be getting called on the turn by QQ/JJ that suspects we seized the lead in the betting because we turned a draw, and will bluff catch us now when that draw bricks off, but those same hands will tend to check down the river I think. So as played I'd lean towards betting river over check/calling.

Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 18, 2014, 10:38 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2014
Thanks dave,

I'm not sure I was fully conscious when playing, but the reasons were
1) I disliked to give a free card to AQ/AJ/QJs, not only any flush draw.
2) I wouldn't bet and could fail to extract from QQ/JJ/weaker Kx if I saw a heart OTR.
Is it unreasonable? Villain's turn cbet was 40 (2/5).

On this time the villain showed AhQh, a missed flush draw, but still now I feel betting OTR would be better as you say.
Villain's river bet seems not so good, since having two blockers he could see it was less likely that I had a draw...

Last edited by dog-en-saka; Tue Aug 19, 2014 at 03:03 AM..

Old
Thu Aug 21, 2014, 07:10 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2013
BronzeStar
Check call all the way.. bet turn.. GL

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com