Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

4.40 180 man 1st level 10/20 AA 4 way flop - insta fold to postflop action

Old
4.40 180 man 1st level 10/20 AA 4 way flop - insta fold to postflop action - Tue Aug 19, 2014, 11:16 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
** link removed as per TOS **

my thinking was i only invested 60 to my 2990 stack my opp donks a pot size bet and one opponent cold call which left me to act + another opponent waiting to act

i just dont want to play big pot with my Aces 4 way into the flop this early in the game

my friend is telling me that I should have reraised then maybe fold to 3bet which i dont like to do because it is way too early and I know I can get easy chips in a better spot

what do you think? too nitty? should I at least flat first?

Last edited by HokyPokyToo; Tue Aug 19, 2014 at 04:11 PM..

Old
Tue Aug 19, 2014, 12:20 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
** moved to Advanced No-Limit Hold'em Tournament Reviews **

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 21, 2014, 02:01 PM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinsytan View Post
** link removed as per TOS **

my thinking was i only invested 60 to my 2990 stack my opp donks a pot size bet and one opponent cold call which left me to act + another opponent waiting to act

i just dont want to play big pot with my Aces 4 way into the flop this early in the game

my friend is telling me that I should have reraised then maybe fold to 3bet which i dont like to do because it is way too early and I know I can get easy chips in a better spot

what do you think? too nitty? should I at least flat first?

Old
Fri Aug 22, 2014, 10:14 AM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi marv

I think your fold is too nitty. I'd have opted to call. Raising would be awful as it would give away the strength of our hand and it's just screaming to everyone at the table that you have an overpair. The donk bet is nothing to worry about, probably a a small overpair or air, not too worried about the the big blinds call either, he can have any pair/random overs. I'd call and then fold once kuki raises and everyone goes nuts.

I think by folding we're missing out on a great opportunity to chip up. Kuki will often fold and the turn will be a brick, lets say Jx, both players will check to us and now we can get two streets worth of value.

Cheers, Chris.

Old
Fri Aug 22, 2014, 08:29 PM
(#5)
yes make sense Coach Chris should have at least called one bet then take it from there

thank you appreciated the analysis

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com