Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl Zoom, playing JJ

Old
2nl Zoom, playing JJ - Wed Aug 20, 2014, 10:17 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
From micro Zoom table...no reads. Knew an bigger pair was possible, but figured unlikely given villian's preflop call not raise. Comments

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Wed Aug 20, 2014, 02:44 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2014
Two indications of strength here. The re-raise on the flop and re-raise on the turn. It's difficult to see these as a threat because of the weakness displayed by the opp. Unfortunately though the zoom format usually means you will have little or no info on them.

To me it looks as though the opp would play a very passive weak game at a normal cash table. Flat call pre-flop was very passive, checking to you was very passive and the raise amounts weren't impressive.

Alternatively, you could say they did a good job at suckering you in to giving up your stack, but at 2NL I doubt this was the case.

Either way, I don't think you could have put them on KK. The only alternative play was perhaps to throw it all in a little earlier. If he calls you would have achieved the same result, you would have been getting value as far as you were aware at the time, but it may have made him muck a better hand by representing a 6x.

AJ_Orion

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com