Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Privilega freeroll . Just past the bubble. Not sure I played it wright.

Old
Privilega freeroll . Just past the bubble. Not sure I played it wright. - Wed Aug 20, 2014, 10:10 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
ChromeStar
The villian was raising with Q and any suited card and A X.

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Thu Aug 21, 2014, 12:26 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi didanz!

With JJ, I'm going to make a standard opening raise preflop. I'll use either 2.2BB or 2BB for an open.

The flop brings all diamonds and an ace in a 3-way pot. When the first opp checks, I need to check behind. I don't have a diamond, so I have 2 outs at best and may be drawing dead.

The cutoff now bets 3k. To call, I need to put 3k into a pot that will be 14600 (20.5%). If I have 2 outs, my hand is only worth 4% to the turn, so I expect to lose 16.5% of my chips if I call here... so I need to fold.

I want to be putting my chips into the pot when I expect to gain chips, not when I expect to lose a large number of them.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 21, 2014, 12:58 AM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2013
ChromeStar
[QUOTE=JWK24;531767]Hi didanz!

With JJ, I'm going to make a standard opening raise preflop. I'll use either 2.2BB or 2BB for an open.

The flop brings all diamonds and an ace in a 3-way pot. When the first opp checks, I need to check behind. I don't have a diamond, so I have 2 outs at best and may be drawing dead.

The cutoff now bets 3k. To call, I need to put 3k into a pot that will be 14600 (20.5%). If I have 2 outs, my hand is only worth 4% to the turn, so I expect to lose 16.5% of my chips if I call here... so I need to fold.

I want to be putting my chips into the pot when I expect to gain chips, not when I expect to lose a large number of them.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)Thanks John.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com