Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Playing poker online vs Playing poker offline (face to face with someone)

Old
Playing poker online vs Playing poker offline (face to face with someone) - Thu Aug 21, 2014, 04:44 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2012
BronzeStar
I find that when I'm sitting behind a screen and playing online that I make better decisions, folds, raises, etc. but when I'm like playing against like a friend face to face for example, it feels like really different. What adjustments do I have to make transitioning from online poker to playing poker against a friend or anyone for that matter face to face? I have won the last 5 heads-up matches against my friend and have won 6 out of my 8 matches against him, and I have won 7 out of the last 10 heads-up matches that I've played.

Last edited by passter; Thu Aug 21, 2014 at 05:35 PM..

Old
Fri Aug 29, 2014, 04:09 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Is it because he is a better reader of "tells" or do you play different starting hands in the two formats?

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Loose passive players - Sat Aug 30, 2014, 11:50 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2012
BronzeStar
I don't give any tells really. I think he's calling station (loose passive) so what I think I need to do is bluff less against him. With that being said, I think have push him around when I'm on the DB and make him pay to complete his straight or flush draws.

Old
Sat Aug 30, 2014, 04:27 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by passter View Post
I don't give any tells really. I think he's calling station (loose passive) so what I think I need to do is bluff less against him. With that being said, I think have push him around when I'm on the DB and make him pay to complete his straight or flush draws.
Playing against different villain types will give different results and the aim of a good player is to be able to read the opponents method of play and play accordingly.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com