Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / New Members /

Hi All. Wanting to Improve

Old
Hi All. Wanting to Improve - Sat Aug 23, 2014, 09:10 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
Hi Everyone.
Long time lurked first time poster.
Been playing poker few hours on and off last few years. Always played MTT/STT.
Recently switched to cash games (suits with work schedule better) and been a break even player for few months now at 10NL. Looking for advice how to get over the hump and maybe show a profit. Have read a few books but finding it hard to get the most out of them
Thanks For any help

Old
Sat Aug 23, 2014, 09:56 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hello,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline. Here's a short video about PSO and what it has to offer you. Also check out >>This Page<< for more info.

We're here to help you so please feel free to ask any questions you may have and thank you for being a member of PokerSchoolOnline.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 23, 2014, 11:50 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hey there,

Welcome to the forum!

Raiser

Old
Sat Aug 23, 2014, 04:50 PM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2013
Welcome to pso, it looks like you have set your self a target, it can take a long time to become a profit making player and it takes effort, but anyone can do it so I wish you luck

Old
Thu Aug 28, 2014, 11:53 AM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2013
Thanks everyone

Old
Sat Oct 04, 2014, 05:44 PM
(#6)
Since: May 2012
Hi and welcome,

I think the best way to improve and to show a profit is to work on your game. I assume you know the rules and hand rankings ( what beats what ) 10nl is still considered micro stakes and I hear over and over that there are three rules
1. don't bluff
2. don't pay off
3. value bet, value bet, value bet.

There are still times when you have to bluff, but remember at this level a lot of people are just playing their cards and not thinking about what you might have so pick your spots carefully. Its pretty easy to identify the recreational players and the regulars, and if you see a player call down with bottom pair they are not a good bluff candidate, but an excellent player to value bet strong and exploit them that way.

Knowing what range of cards your opponent might be playing is a huge advantage and if you haven't learned to do this yet pso has a ton of tools to help you improve, they have a nice video library which covers just about everything. They also have a hand analysis forum where you can post hands that you are not sure of and have them go over it and give you some really nice feed back. The live training session I have found to be very helpful as well.

YOu should of course review your own sessions with an equity calculator and look for spots where you might be making mistakes. I think all of the really good players review their sessions on a regular basis and probably review every session they play.

I hope some of this helps and gl at the tables

John A.K.A. FireMedic815

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com