Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

I Hope You Are Here When I Return

Old
Exclamation
I Hope You Are Here When I Return - Sat Aug 23, 2014, 05:30 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
BronzeStar
Hi Folks,

Here is a key section of my most recent blog:

. . . throughout [my lessons with Dave 'The Langolier and reaching over $2200 in 8 months playing Zoom] my ill-health was always looming until I had no choice but to have life-saving surgery which has affected my memory and left me with temporary paralysis on one side of my body. As part of my recovery, physical therapy included using what I am so familiar with, the computer. I had a very brief few days when I even made money playing Zoom but over time I was playing my game with ‘fun money’ but my results have remained depressing. Hence I have decided that I need not push myself to the point of despair. So for now, and for those who still remember me, I take a temporary leave of absence.

For the full blog, see:
'I Hope You Are Here When I Return'
May All Your Aspirations Come to Fruition

Old
Sun Aug 24, 2014, 08:16 AM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2013
Hi Ellen,

Although we don't chat to each other, I wish you all the best, and a speedy recovery.

Cheers,

Matt

Old
Sun Aug 24, 2014, 08:40 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
Hi Ellen

I'm praying for your health. Lavender is a great ointment for aching muscles /..also Bicarbonate of Soda.. not baking powder.. will reverse the effects in your brain. I use it all round my home and take a spoon of Cayenne Pepper every so often.. GOD bless

Old
Sun Aug 24, 2014, 09:42 AM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2010
Wishing you all the best Ellen. Praying for a speedy recovery.

Old
Sun Aug 24, 2014, 09:52 AM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2012
Hope your health improves soon Ellen and you can return to the tables and all the other things you're missing out on soon. Wishing you all the best

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 24, 2014, 10:28 AM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Poker can be such a harsh game sometimes, so I've really enjoyed reading all the positive thing you've had to say about your experiences with poker Dr. Ellen - which were reminders to me of all the things there are to like about poker, when sometimes I was experiencing all the stuff that was not so great

And it's been so nice of you to take the time to leave so many supportive messages under so many peoples' blogs - it's contributions like these to PSO that's made this such a nice place to be, with people like you in it.

Hope you're on the mend, and will be feeling much better soon Dr. Ellen!!

Old
Sun Aug 24, 2014, 10:29 AM
(#7)
Since: Sep 2012
All the best!

Old
Sat Jun 13, 2015, 01:36 PM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2011
Hey Doc,

I had not read about this taking some time out but on seeing your message on twitter about writing a new book on bridge, I'm a bit late on seeing you are going through. As you take these steps forward in your life, please know that I wish you well and our paths cross again soon.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com