Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

cbet bluff question

Old
cbet bluff question - Sun Aug 24, 2014, 09:14 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2012
I would like to know if i should cbet bluff against a fish who is playing something like 40/0 but has high FCbet %(something like ~65%).
My thinking is that since he is limping/calling with a ton of hands, he will miss the board so many times that i could cbet almost any flop(except extremely wet), even i have almost no equity( i.e. i have 22 and the flop is T33r).
Is my thinking correct?
What do you guys think?

Old
Mon Aug 25, 2014, 07:47 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
The best way to find out is to try it for a few weeks and see what happens.

Clearly it depends what size your 3bet is and whats in the pot, eg if your betting $2 in to a pot of $4 and he folds 60% then you should be cbetting every time. If he folds more then 35% of hands you are making money with this move when betting 2 in to 4

If your betting $4 in to a $4 pot and he is folding 50% of the time, the you are just bloating the pot and it could lead to more mistakes later in the hand if you try to win via bluffing, clearly you bluffs later in the pot will have to be bigger as the pot will be $12 and not $4 after the flop. When betting 4 in to 4 you need him to fold more then 50% to show a profit. If he is calling 50% I would try and reduce my 3 bet size and if he carrys on calling only 50% then you may gain a small advantage maths wise

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com