Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

1.5 $ HUSNG Gutshot OOP Sizing Question

Old
1.5 $ HUSNG Gutshot OOP Sizing Question - Wed Aug 27, 2014, 12:51 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013

3rd hand in match. Vilain Unknown. My question: Maybe beter to raise 90 because sizing will not change his caling range? Or maby even 120 to make biger fold equity and if I hit He will be more likely to pay me ? Or even beter let it go and fold ? I gues caling is worst option.

Old
Thu Aug 28, 2014, 11:00 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi,

Hand Analysis

Versus an unknown villain my course of action on this flop would be check fold. I wouldn't want to bloat the pot out of position. We do not have enough equity to be semi bluffing and there are many hands that this villain could continue with for a raise or a float, such as high card combos, Ax A2+ aswell 8x T8+ (16 combos of each Ax and 8x) etc...

Pretty much every card that peels on the turn besides a 6, 5 or 7 we wont feel comfortable barreling as most of those cards will be overs to our 6 and 5... I'd save the chips to pick a better spot, preferably in position with more equity and with more reads of their post flop/showdown tendencies.

Quoted from your other post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Beatmaker View Post
A. Caling Flop and Turn Cheking River Because average player in 1.5$ dont see FOLD buton. So implied ods biger.
Once we have a decent sample size of their tendencies, only then can we formulate a bluffing/barreling strategy to fold out all second pair or non nut holdings in their range, but read less make it a rule of thumb that they'll call down light at the $1.50 level.

Cannon

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com