Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Average finishing position in 6k field

Old
Average finishing position in 6k field - Wed Aug 27, 2014, 05:20 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2011
BronzeStar
Hello i was wondering what the average finishing position would be for the big $5.50 6k start.

I have got down to the top 25 twice in the last two weeks, trying to reach the final table.

I have been playing for about 2 years now. Hoping its not just luck

Old
Thu Aug 28, 2014, 07:35 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltrips View Post
Hello i was wondering what the average finishing position would be for the big $5.50 6k start.
I have no idea and I'm not sure it's really useful for anything to be honest. What I can say is that a typical ITM rate for the better MTT players is around 15%. It's possible to have significantly higher ITM rates, but this typically results in fewer Final Tables which is where all the money is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltrips View Post
I have got down to the top 25 twice in the last two weeks, trying to reach the final table.

I have been playing for about 2 years now. Hoping its not just luck
Good job! But as an MTT grinder you have to accept that deep runs don't come around all that often, not even for the biggest sicko crushers, so you can't expect top 25 runs on a regular basis!

Having these deep runs should give you confidence that you are capable of making deep runs so just keep grinding and the FTs will come your way sooner or later!

Old
Fri Aug 29, 2014, 10:56 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
BronzeStar
Thanks for the reply

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com