Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl cash table. When should I have folded?

Old
2nl cash table. When should I have folded? - Thu Aug 28, 2014, 04:56 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2014

Ace rags flops top pair - low kicker.
Should I have fold pre?

Old
Thu Aug 28, 2014, 09:23 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Unless the opp is a total maniac, I'm folding A/rag when out of position to a raise preflop.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 28, 2014, 04:57 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
Easy fold pre. The only time I'd play Ax offsuit in the BB is if it's a limped pot and I check, or if I'm faced with an open by the button or SB. It's not a profitable hand, so folding it most of the time will save money.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 28, 2014, 05:18 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2013

Are we really, with 0.02 to call into 0.11 pot, that folds pre ?
Flop, yes, that's a different story, check/fold for the easy way out, but let's say we check/call and we have a 2c turn, then what ? :P

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com