Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

%NL - Flat sb JJ, the bb looks fishy? Do you agree with 7 hands calling river K bluff

Old
5NL - Flat sb JJ, the bb looks fishy? Do you agree with 7 hands calling river K bluff - Sun Aug 31, 2014, 11:50 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
Testing I could put replayer reads here. So you see the hands now in context. Small sample looks ridiculous "can you make the call"? The open raiser didn't keep the initiative so we take the lead on the turn with JJ, on Tx high flop maybe turn draws for value.

Anyway, now the 1st hand at the table what! open jam, 2nd, 3rd etc villain closes it down not much action. So what info do we have to play the 7th hand?

"Reads" didn't think 7 hands -> Instant Hand History -> Re-player cut & paste would take an hour to work out and post this blurb.

Last edited by ForrestFive; Mon Sep 01, 2014 at 12:10 AM.. Reason: get the whole thing glued together

Old
Mon Sep 01, 2014, 06:36 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2014
Quote:
So what info do we have to play the 7th hand?
None, evidently.

I think I would have folding to the shove here. When the king comes, if he hits he has you beat. It seems a bit crazy to shove with air, after he calls the turn too. Maybe he's sitting on 2-pair now. Maybe it's a poorly executed bluff.

It's difficult to say if it's wrong or right to call with no read on villain. I suppose in this spot it's kind of a coin flip. If he's a nit he probably has the K. If he's a maniac obviously he has AQc

Is a villain with no read going to be bluffing more times than not in this spot? I doubt it.

AJ_Orion

Old
Mon Sep 01, 2014, 11:33 PM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
The 1st hand is the best read, a short stack open jams. The next hands we have a broadway rag and don't get involved with this fish. Next the villain can raise to steal and after that gets to limp in and pots flop to take it. Only 1/7 did they fold. So... I think we are good most of the time.

Last edited by ForrestFive; Mon Sep 01, 2014 at 11:41 PM.. Reason: was villlain involved an all hands

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com