Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl cash Table, QQ Three-way pot against maniac

Old
Question
2nl cash Table, QQ Three-way pot against maniac - Mon Sep 01, 2014, 05:40 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2014
Ok, so I've been playing a bit tonight an am coming to review the session.

This was the first position I saved to check out later.

MP3 - 88/40/3.0 - After 40 hands (could see he was a maniac after 10, he will also feature in another hand that I will post separately)

SB - 35/0/1.0 - Had about 20 hands on him

Question is, could I have got more value here? MP3 was very loose, so was SB (just not as much).

My concern here was with playing a multi-way pot. If one, or both, had a flush draw I had to give them bad odds, right?

Was it best just to fire off a value bet post-flop and hope one caught the king? Or would have checking to give them another card been best? Maybe maniac would have bet in to me anyway?

AJ_Orion

Old
Mon Sep 01, 2014, 06:39 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
C-betting is fine. You'd be doing it with AK, KK and AA too, and particularly in a 3-way pot you don't want to give free cards to draws. There's too much value to be had, when it's quite probable that one of these guys has AK, so fire away. Heads up against a crazy player, I'd often check to induce bluffs or value-bets by worse hands. I'd probably check-call the flop and check-raise blank turns. 3-way though, half potting every street will get stacks in if either villain has something.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com